Minimod - horses in chests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ringwraith #5

Count
Old Guard
The question is simple: How to enable storing horses in chests?
See, this has really bugged me for a while. Yes, I know putting a horse into a box that size is ridiulous, but in reality you couldn't put fifty suits of armor in it either. IMO the chest is just a simplified representation of the entire settlement's inventory, in which case I find it patently stupid that in the four castles and two cities that I own there is not a single stable into which I could put my excess mounts. So what do I need to change to be able to do that?

best thing would be enable a Stable Master npc at each of your castles. store horses with him for free, have a few prop horses (or even figure out how to pull the horse props from his inventory) so if he is maintaining 10 horses for you, you see 10 horses in the corrall. maybe even assign an existing party NPC as the guy, with respect to the riding level as a measure of success.

with the smae idea, you could prolly set up a random healing (1/365) chance for a lame hors ein his possession, or a 1/365 chance to 'train-up' a horse from normal to hardened or whatever. so you could bring him lame horses purchased on the cheap, and he can fix them up over time. each level of riding multiplies the potential result, so a riding level of 3 gives a random 3/365 chance.

you'd prolly also be able to implement a wheat requirement, or maybe missions that require you to occaisionally purchase wheat for the horses - maybe at a rate of one wheat for one horse over 30 days. as well as a payment requirement to you Stable Master, based on level, per week.

yep. it'd be a brilliant set of scripts.

theres your solution. send me a copy for sellsword when you get it done. maw

Jesus Christ, man! :shock: Those are some grand ideas, but I can come up with those myself. I wanted a little help making a very simple minimod that I could hopefully hackjob together without having to start a new game.

then, first, set up an npc copied from the horse merchant, give him a different name, and dump him automatically into whtever scene you want.

when you get that working, have the conversation jump to, i think, change_screen_loot? or whatever screnen allows an exchange without causing a money cost.

after that, you can build on the rest.

just thot i'd keep you busy for a couple days.... maw

Back
Top Bottom