Minecraft

Users who are viewing this thread

J said:
Sir Timothi said:
When the community creates more* and better** content than the actual developers... well, take from that what you will. The fact is that the most original and interesting ideas, as of late, have come from the community.
Wouldn't this apply to more or less any game that supports modding?

Or would you say that, for example, M&B mods have less and worse content that the native game itself? :wink:

To an extent. I just meant that, given the difficulty to mod Minecraft, you'd think it'd be the people paid to make the game that create the best content. As in, I imagine it's quite easy compared to modding, say, Fallout 3/NV. It shouldn't be the community that is expanding the game and creating the best content. That's why we pay the developers, right?

Also, just a bit off topic of whatever the **** you guys are talking about. But, at the same time, more on topic, considering the thread.

I found out if you put Bone Meal on a grass block where it is too dark to grow tall grass lots of seeds pop up that are ready to pick up, it seems to be a more effective way to gather seeds rather than destroying already existing tall grasses. I get more seeds that way.

Think I'm going to have to start looking into modding for minecraft.

I'm tired of this night time tomfoolery. If I can figure out how to mod it I'm going to increase the monsters AI range to something closer to 500 blocks. I want my nights to be a siege of the living dead and foul beasts, a dark swarm that throws themselves upon my keep at the rising of the moon, not a mild inconvenience. Might also make it so creepers are non aggressive during the day/burn in light, otherwise morning clean up would be a nightmare.

Would like to do something along the lines of having them break down wooden doors, or creepers setting fires instead of exploding, but something tells me that's easier said than done. :razz:

Moss said:

I'm tired of this night time tomfoolery. If I can figure out how to mod it I'm going to increase the monsters AI range to something closer to 500 blocks. I want my nights to be a siege of the living dead and foul beasts, a dark swarm that throws themselves upon my keep at the rising of the moon, not a mild inconvenience. Might also make it so creepers are non aggressive during the day/burn in light, otherwise morning clean up would be a nightmare.

Would like to do something along the lines of having them break down wooden doors, or creepers setting fires instead of exploding, but something tells me that's easier said than done. :razz:
That'd be epic!  :eek:

Moss said:

Do it ! I want that mod o_O

Moss said:

That'd be epic.

Moss said:

Do want

Moss said:

zombie siege + minecraft? sounds like the latest box-head game is out  :grin:

I hope it means that there can be an actual endgame.

Oh and more monsters/weapons.

The more weapons mod is amazing btw. I recommend it to everyone.

Kind of makes creepers too easy now though. You can keep your distance with the spear and poke them to death.

@beny

Not that I'm aware of, no.

Back
Top Bottom