Minecraft

Users who are viewing this thread

Sushiman said:
If you get it before the 20th, you save 5 bucks, and you get all future updates free :3

Is beta coming out on the 20th?

I thought the price would be doubled whenever it does get released.

Nevermind, when game is fully released it will be double what alpha is. Figured they would do it before christmas to try and make more money.

Edit :

"We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise."

What is this suppose to even mean?

People who don't buy it soon won't get patches/dlc for free :???:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38473

This would be cool if they continue updating it.

What is this suppose to even mean?

People who don't buy it soon won't get patches/dlc for free

Also, no, beta buyers will get patches and vanilla game updates for free. It's once Minecraft is finished, if he makes DLC, the people who buy the beta won't get that for free. Alpha purchases will receive anything made for Minecraft for free. As for why he did this, his lawyers wanted him to do it.

Nemesis said:
You answered your own question. If you buy it after Beta, you won't get updates for free.

Well I was just wondering if by that he meant somehow there would be dlc or something for the game since people who buy beta get updates still. Just seemed a little confusing.

Kevlar said:
Nemesis said:
You answered your own question. If you buy it after Beta, you won't get updates for free.

Well I was just wondering if by that he meant somehow there would be dlc or something for the game since people who buy beta get updates still. Just seemed a little confusing.
There will most likely be DLC/expansions post-final release.

Got some nice karma back at Mod DB for this pic :lol:

minecraftfrealz.png

So basically for buying it in this Alpha stage all of a sudden I'm gonna get DLC and any extra stuff Notch makes plus the regular package stuff, all for free besides the money I paid for Alpha?

:3

Jhnking said:
So basically for buying it in this Alpha stage all of a sudden I'm gonna get DLC and any extra stuff Notch makes plus the regular package stuff, all for free besides the money I paid for Alpha?

:3

Yes.

In other words, buy it in Alpha. It's worth it even without the free stuff.

I'd like to know what happened to ' updates being optional ' as he said. All my mods just got ejected and my worlds corrupted because of this patch. The damned thing doesn't even seem to have changed anything.

Back
Top Bottom