min system requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

After playing other mods like Native Expansion, Europe 1200 and Brytenwalda I wanna try PoP and am downloading it right now. But I wonder whether my PC is good enough to really run the mod. I've got a 2,66 ghz intel core 2 duo with a NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS graphic card (512MB DDR2) running on windows vista 32-bit. For Brytenwalda I had to download the lower quality textures to avoid lag.
Is my system good enough to run PoP? What kind of settings do you suggest?

Thnx alot!

If it can run native, or Brytenwalda, it should be just fine.  I've had no problems, even though my computer is pretty low end.

Here is mine:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.60 GHZ
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
RAM 4 GB
HDD 320 GB
VGA 256 MB

But I cant play Brytenwalda but PoP can make a good to play to me

You should be able to play brytenwalda if you download the smaller texturefiles. they are available here:

http://www.novaregula.com/brytenwalda/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=36

Ulreijk the Frisian said:
You should be able to play brytenwalda if you download the smaller texturefiles. they are available here:

http://www.novaregula.com/brytenwalda/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=36

What is that thing?

Brytenwalda has way higher requirements than PoP, which is well optimised. On my good ol' 5 years old system(or maybe older? hmm) I can run PoP quite smoothly on mid-low settings and 200 battlesizer(and possibly more, but that number is ok for me). Brytenwalda even with 256x256 texture pack gives me headaches when spawning reinforcements or loading and fighting in cities. And generally it's rather laggy.

Hopefully future versions of PoP 4.0 will come with multiple resource sized downloads to allow for consumption by lower end PCs.

I don't know the minimum specs, but I feel that battle size 250 is a fairly sweet spot for my spec.

Intel Core i7 920
ATI Radeon HD5850
12 GB RAM

Epic real-time battles really make this game awesome. I bet with a less antiquated machine, battle size 350 would be feasible. I'm sure you'll have no problem running it, core 2 duo is more than sufficient.

Your spec can handle everything, you know? You're trolling or what, 250 units only on that rig?

HUtH said:
Your spec can handle everything, you know? You're trolling or what, 250 units only on that rig?

You realize that the MB engine is fairly outdated and can't utilize all RAM/CPU/GPU power nowadays?...

HUtH said:
Sure, but there are people playing with 1000 battlesizer too.

Why do you assume I'm trolling? When I have 250 vs. 250 clashes, I lag up sometimes and am barely able to control my main character. It'a almost as if, if you have a cav that runs a group of infantry and they all start hitting him, the game suddenly has to do a million calculations and things just freeze up. I notice this in sieges as well, when the enemy has virtually all of their units attacking mine (the initial walking up to the castle ladder isn't so bad, it's when the fight starts that things get hairy). From my experience, the lag scales with the number of units that are in attack range.

So, I don't care what you're saying about people running battle size set to 1000. They've clearly got a more powerful PC than me, or they aren't actually doing 1000 vs. 1000 battles.

When I have 250 vs. 250 clashes

That means that you have 500 battle size. Well, now I can understand that your game is getting laggy in big clashes/sieges if you have max graphic settings.

And I hate it in WB that these new animations are so "heavy" for CPU, I can't normally play Brytenwalda because of that :razz:

HUtH said:
When I have 250 vs. 250 clashes

That means that you have 500 battle size. Well, now I can understand that your game is getting laggy in big clashes/sieges if you have max graphic settings.

And I hate it in WB that these new animations are so "heavy" for CPU, I can't normally play Brytenwalda because of that :razz:

Is that really how it works? I didn't actually count 250, but when I turn my head around, it almost seems like all of my troops are there, because the way my troops are laid out is that my foot units are the last in my party list so I assume that if they spawn, then everything else has spawned.

100 of X troop
100 of Y troop
100 of Z troop (if I see a Z, I'll assume all X and Y have been spawned)

What I also have modified is for the reinforcements to have a threshold of 80 troops (supposedly, under 80 troops means you get reinforcements), and I've set the number of times you can reinforce to 20 (that way pretty much no matter what, unless you have armies in the many thousands, all troops will eventually be placed in the battle at one point or another).

Back
Top Bottom