Melee slasher vet, new to M&B. Help me understand the combat system

Users who are viewing this thread

There are also some crackhead spin moves people are doing that jolt the character body out of range of the incoming hits thanks to the forced turning the game does when you hold an attack and spin - people seem to be combining this with heavy weapons that, for god knows what reason, stun any 1h weapon with any directional hit. This basically means by spinning and dodging attacks and stunning their weapon you can indefinitely lock the other person on the defensive.

this explains a lot

Wish Mordhau also had a Single Player RPG experience as i really liked the combat there too. Only played when it first came out though. If Skyrim had that combat..

This video guide from Zerkovich is a great place to start! He also has other videos on his channel that explains aspects of the combat system.

Yea that guy made mordhau videos too hes just some casual larper who covers the basics of melee slashers, im looking for more in depth explanations from good players, i understand all the fundamentals.

The video callum linked explains how it works, but you are correct in your general summary of how the combat has changed from Warband to Bannerlord. The free angle manipulation from Warband is gone, so as you say the possibility for things like drags or accels is severely limited. Animation manipulation is also changed greatly, which I don’t think is a bad thing since it’s the #1 complaint more casual/singleplayer people had about the MP, so that is not really the way to go to find good feints anymore. Quick double right feints are good since you can glitch the first feint into their shield before cancelling it and swinging again - any low level player will fall for that since they will assume their shield has been hit even though it hasn’t been. There are also some crackhead spin moves people are doing that jolt the character body out of range of the incoming hits thanks to the forced turning the game does when you hold an attack and spin - people seem to be combining this with heavy weapons that, for god knows what reason, stun any 1h weapon with any directional hit. This basically means by spinning and dodging attacks and stunning their weapon you can indefinitely lock the other person on the defensive. Personally don’t do this because it’s the cancer of the game rn but a lot of people are and I can’t deny that it works very well against low level players.

basically just work on your fundamentals, there isn’t much future in terms of duels competitively for this game I think, primarily because they’d last 5+ mins each between good players with this armour in a tryhard situation. There just aren’t enough techniques to bypass a block or to confuse an experienced player. Instead, you should focus on awareness and the basic combat mechanics, as well as getting some mastery over ranged/cavalry play, since they are both far more powerful than infantry in a skirmish setting.
Thanks for the reply, this is what I was looking for.

Yea that guy made mordhau videos too hes just some casual larper who covers the basics of melee slashers, im looking for more in depth explanations from good players, i understand all the fundamentals.

Thanks for the reply, this is what I was looking for.
I believe that taleworlds can’t take criticism on things. They believe that if you are critical you are just a “warband elitist” and your opinion is wrong. I just think there’s a ton of issues that need solving even If the base of the game is actually really strong and I’m enjoying playing with friends

I found it hard to properly test duels because most servers are full and a simple feint kills any new player since they arent used to seeing it. Duel servers or dedicated servers would be great to see what melee is actually like

I found it hard to properly test duels because most servers are full and a simple feint kills any new player since they arent used to seeing it. Duel servers or dedicated servers would be great to see what melee is actually like
It’s like mordhau where you could just do one feint and kill anyone at the beginning of the games life cycle. :lol:

Basically it's what you're used to, only realistic. Not taking a sword to the face is just as important as cutting the enemy.

Basically it's what you're used to, only realistic. Not taking a sword to the face is just as important as cutting the enemy.
This game ain’t realistic, winding up a swing ain’t realistic, dudes fighting with loincloths ain’t historically accurate, spears not being the only dominant weapon ain’t realistic, a horse bumping into a brick wall and bouncing off isn’t realistic, neither is a peasant killing a knight with a scythe used for cutting grain

Last edited:
If you're a fan of duels then you'll have to wait for some time since right now not only there are no duel servers, some of the mechanics, like was pointed above, still require quite a bit of tuning until they become useable. Or you could try WB in the meantime.

But afaik, both BL and WB have all the mechanics mordhau has, or at least most of them.

However, both BL and WB, in my opinion, shine the most in team fights, where cooperation between classes matters a lot more than 1v1 skills. Even infantry melee consists mostly of backstabs because having 1v1s isn't effective when it comes to teamfights, more often it's much faster and effective to backstab the guy who's trying to 1v1 your teammate. And you always have to watch out for archers and cav since they play a major role in such fights.

Overall I'd say M&B is a bit different genre and not really comparable to mord or chiv.

If you're a fan of duels then you'll have to wait for some time since right now not only there are no duel servers, some of the mechanics, like was pointed above, still require quite a bit of tuning until they become useable. Or you could try WB in the meantime.

But afaik, both BL and WB have all the mechanics mordhau has, or at least most of them.

However, both BL and WB, in my opinion, shine the most in team fights, where cooperation between classes matters a lot more than 1v1 skills. Even infantry melee consists mostly of backstabs because having 1v1s isn't effective when it comes to teamfights, more often it's much faster and effective to backstab the guy who's trying to 1v1 your teammate. And you always have to watch out for archers and cav since they play a major role in such fights.

Overall I'd say M&B is a bit different genre and not really comparable to mord or chiv.
I agree with you man but wouldn’t you say that footwork and attack baiting are learnt Habbits that translate over? I’ve noticed personally. I wasn’t bad at mordhau at all when I played even if my blocking was subpar

This man has under two days into the Bannerlord MP scene and has almost covered every single issue our community has brought forth.

Outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom