B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I have a problem: i want play the mod in coop MP... i open all 3 ports, launch with WSELoader, but the people dont find my server...
Somebody knows whats the problem? sry for bad eng...

I lost motivation to continue updating the mod, as a result its on a indefinite pause until otherwise stated, I might release the update I stopped working on mid-way just to give something back, we'll see.

Can you even start a player based faction in this mod? All I get is player supporters. Can't rename my kingdom after this.

troycall said:
I lost motivation to continue updating the mod, as a result its on a indefinite pause until otherwise stated, I might release the update I stopped working on mid-way just to give something back, we'll see.
Please fix the treasury bug in that update. It's frustrating as hell.

Thanks.

RoboSenshi said:
troycall said:

Thanks.
Done, I'm releasing the new update soonish.

Hello,

First thank you for the mod.

I am currently running into an issue now in my game: the content of the household just vanish so it prevents me for accumulating any food/items to hold any feast or send gifts to lords. I have tried to apply the new v2.0 patch and it has not solved the problem. (just started my kingdom and quite in trouble because I have not found a good way to get back relation with all vasals after they are defeated or assigned a fief to someone) 
I also still have the issue with the name that is getting changed to duke/King/baron etc.. (without my initial name after)

Any solution for those?

Thank you

troycall

Hi!

First, I really appreciate your work on this mod. This the best mod for Warband among many many mods (I  have played about 20 mods for WB).

Second I want to clarify about bug fixes for patch v2.0:

- Emissaries and lords on missions never return
- Ladies are showing up in the wrong factions
- As faction leader, your manors contain clones of yourself

What is the current status for each of these bugs (fixed / not fixable / will be fixed)?

troycall said:
RoboSenshi said:
troycall said:

Thanks.
You legend.

alexzubc said:
troycall
Hi!
First, I really appreciate your work on this mod. This the best mod for Warband among many many mods (I  have played about 20 mods for WB).
Second I want to clarify about bug fixes for patch v2.0:
- Emissaries and lords on missions never return
Also this if you have time.

troycall said:
RoboSenshi said:
troycall said:

Thanks.
SWEET! :mrgreen: Thanks much!!

I just wanted to give my two cents on the modding controversy issue.

The fact is troycall is not taking any credit for DrTomas's work. Yes, you are really supposed to get permission in order to include assets from another mod in your mod. But let's think about this for a moment.

If troycall released this as a submod for 1257 (which it basically is), and only included files that he himself had modified, then he wouldn't be violating any generally understood modders' code. He got permission from Othr, which means he already has permission for a lot of the coding work. Other coding work that he does not have permission for would need to be replicated. But think about this, even then you would just be basing your new code off of what you want to replicate. It's a complicated issue, but for the most part including 1257 in the download is not much different than downloading 1257 and simply applying the new files to it. The former saves the user the hassle of having to download and install both separately. The latter is a matter of principle.

Secondly, I would like to point out DrTomas's behavior in general. Any time I gave feedback about 1257 (constructive criticism and bug reports), I was either talked down to or ignored by DrTomas. There was specifically an issue with the banners in 1257 that I brought up multiple times over the years (they were historically accurate in earlier versions, but not in later versions, including the final version, due to no one reassigning banners to the lords after new banners had been put into the game) that never got resolved. This is just one of many issues (that could have been easily fixed) that the mod still had even in the final version. I got the sense from talking to DrTomas that obtaining any permissions from him would be very difficult. I still think troycall should have asked for permission from DrTomas (and maybe he did for all we know), but the fact is that modders that refuse to give permission to use their assets to others are holding the modding community back in general. There are beautiful modding projects that have completely fallen apart due to the ego of one modder (I think I remember that is what happened with Team Gizka's mod for Knights of the Old Republic). It is likely DrTomas will never give permission to troycall now, even though this is the only mod effort that is making significant progress on improving 1257. I am very glad Taleworlds has not shut this mod down.

I will give feedback and suggestions as I play this mod. I hope you're a better listener than DrTomas was, troycall. From what I can see so far, you are. Having a mod team that is friendly to its players and listens to feedback is extremely important.

I think the point is, he didnt make a sub mod and put it in AD 1257 page, he used almost everthing from 1257 and gave it a new name as it was his creation from scratch and now afaik abandoned the project as well...

Hey guys, i have been struggling with the faces of the mongol troops, they are fully asiatic on the party screen and the edit character mod, but spawn 5 different faces like in the native. How can you fix these faces?

Hey I'm just wandering if there any way to make it less laggy in the world map when I play it makes it up played

Laizenbh said:
I think the point is, he didnt make a sub mod and put it in AD 1257 page, he used almost everthing from 1257 and gave it a new name as it was his creation from scratch and now afaik abandoned the project as well...

On the steam download and Mod DB page, it explicitly says that the mod is built around 1257. He did not take credit for that work.

It is essentially "1257 AD Plus", but why release it under the 1257 name when those creators stopped working on the project, themselves, a long time ago? Some of the creators even gave explicit permission to use code and assets. Would you rather this mod was never made, or that it was made while also crediting the mod it's based on?

As long as projects are credited, I see no issue in using their free, non copyrighted assets. If you don't credit, then sure, you deserve to be lynched by the mob. But what's the problem if you credit?

bunkorder said:
Laizenbh said:

On the steam download and Mod DB page, it explicitly says that the mod is built around 1257. He did not take credit for that work.
It is essentially "1257 AD Plus", but why release it under the 1257 name when those creators stopped working on the project, themselves, a long time ago? Some of the creators even gave explicit permission to use code and assets. Would you rather this mod was never made, or that it was made while also crediting the mod it's based on?

As long as projects are credited, I see no issue in using their free, non copyrighted assets. If you don't credit, then sure, you deserve to be lynched by the mob. But what's the problem if you credit?

His permission to use assets is contested by the guys who released the final version of ad 1257, and sub mods stick on their base mods normally. Also he's already working on another project and prob gonna leave this unfinished. And finally this is not "built around 1257" this IS 1257 copy and paste with a "new hat" and a lot of bugs.

Back
Top Bottom