Media/Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Only trouble I for see is how to deal with sieges against the Redwoods with my new unit composition!
defending isn't hard ("behind the wall ambushing" tactic works perfectly), but attacks without marshal force and defeating their forces in field battles before sieging hardly managable.

T.L.S. said:
Only trouble I for see is how to deal with sieges against the Redwoods with my new unit composition!
defending isn't hard ("behind the wall ambushing" tactic works perfectly), but attacks without marshal force and defeating their forces in field battles before sieging hardly managable.

Siege defense against them is usually relatively easy, indeed. They essentially have no infantry and get massacred as they try to breach the walls. Field battles, cavalry; be it mercenary or otherwise cavalry will usually run them down though losses are expected.

My biggest issue, as seen in my Redwoods episode, is offensive sieges. Even with Marshal force it can be utterly devastating. Granted I was using Realm of the Falcon units, cavalry, as infantry but I do wonder if even actual infantry units will be able to stand against that many arrows.

Still, it will be a while before I match myself against them in offensive sieges this time around so I will look at my options along the way.

With full foot troop set it's quite possible (tolranian and maccavian pre- and highest tiers + hakkon legionares, perisno holy champions and few other troops with good shields and armor + top tier tolranian and drachen archers, female perisno and merc archers, ankars warriors), but nearly impossible to do something with Ergellon castle and Forniron without 6:1 or higher advantage in numbers

If they take Almerra (they usually do at some point) it's a total nightmare as well. I think I had less trouble taking Forniron than I did with Almerra. It's basically a shooting gallery once you get past the gate.  :dead:

DeathByRabbit said:
If they take Almerra (they usually do at some point) it's a total nightmare as well. I think I had less trouble taking Forniron than I did with Almerra. It's basically a shooting gallery once you get past the gate.  :dead:
Almerra is redwoodian from the begining...and it's not so hard but takes alot of micromanagement with infantry (4 groups of infantry to make some kind of 'tortoise' formation and constant control)

Silberfalke said:
Updated OP with new vids from ReformistTM and Death by Rabbit.

New video is up, although not as good as I wanted it to be.

Link for your convenience - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-e9K-qB8Q4

I will note that the changes are definitely noticeable first starting off. Very much appreciate the hard work put into this. My thanks to the entire team, of course!

DeathByRabbit said:
Silberfalke said:
Updated OP with new vids from ReformistTM and Death by Rabbit.

New video is up, although not as good as I wanted it to be.

Link for your convenience - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-e9K-qB8Q4

I will note that the changes are definitely noticeable first starting off. Very much appreciate the hard work put into this. My thanks to the entire team, of course!

I should be the first to assure you that .74 was truly a team build.  Everyone did something, and nobody just sat doing nothing.
No one person got stuck doing everything.  Notice there is screen art, city layout, coding, mount adjusts, troop builds, troop scaling, items / textures / resources, some sounds, some voice acting.  All sorts of stuff under the hood.

Everybody helped, everybody added something, and everybody earned their bragging rights.  I think everyone likes how it came along.

If I or anyone broke down who did what the list would fill pages this time.  It's exactly how it was supposed to be.  That's my opinion.

- GS

Hey Guys!
Phosphor Testing series! This is basically a bunch of videos I will be making to show how Phosphor (Perisno+some Rigale features) works, if it has bugs etc. For any of you who needs a link just grab it here>
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4sh7GRykLgEfnVNWGR0N0F4QkdVSHYyV0kzWmlZQnlHX3BJT1R4R1FVQ0lNWU0zTjlUaFE&usp=sharing

So if you guys are interested in some new features that could be in 0.8 by all means watch away.

Part 1:

Part 2: coming soon...

This new mod looks promising.
The only thing I don't understand about it is WHY PHOSPHOR?
The name sounds... weird.
The author might as well have called it sodium triphosphate...

Leonion said:

Phosphor BBS was the 13 line bulletin board I operated in the bay area California (USA) between 1990-1994, before there was much of a public internet.
It was focused on development of multiplayer games "where people play with people", instead of solitaire gaming.  Phosphor meant to me "knowledge from light; light from electricity" and all the computer monitors at that time were phosphor coated CRTs.

I'd rather have the name "the Pearl" but the project is not really worthy yet; a few layers added to Perisno isn't really sophisticated enough.  So an old name for an interim project, getting back to my "roots".  The Pearl would be this plus a few more years development, to where you can't recognize it...

- GS

gsanders said:
Leonion said:

Phosphor BBS was the 13 line bulletin board I operated in the bay area California (USA) between 1990-1994, before there was much of a public internet.
It was focused on development of multiplayer games "where people play with people", instead of solitaire gaming.  Phosphor meant to me "knowledge from light; light from electricity" and all the computer monitors at that time were phosphor coated CRTs.

I'd rather have the name "the Pearl" but the project is not really worthy yet; a few layers added to Perisno isn't really sophisticated enough.  So an old name for an interim project, getting back to my "roots".  The Pearl would be this plus a few more years development, to where you can't recognize it...

- GS

I prefer phosphor to the mod's old name, Rigale. At least I know how to say it out loud.

Battle elephants seemed to me very effective in battle :smile:

lG99iFe.jpg

h817nMs.jpg

2mnw0Nd.jpg

Q4c8SJA.jpg

Ay78Nun.jpg

Planning on doing a livestream in the near future. Would anybody be interested? Going to be playing 0.75 and going over the changes and answered questions etc.

Michadr said:
Planning on doing a livestream in the near future. Would anybody be interested? Going to be playing 0.75 and going over the changes and answered questions etc.

I think you shouldn't do a livestream. You should just upload the video to Youtube. Livestreams is laggy and because of timezones, not everyone can watch. With normal uploading to youtube, everyone can watch at any time.

Btw... i've made a Perisno signature =D. What do you think? Do you think it's worth to put it on the list of Perisno signatures?

Back
Top Bottom