[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

IconracI said:
Try to ask them to follow you.

They will still do their own thing, another example of ignoring orders:
I arrive at a fief that is under siege and the enemy has started the battle and i tell to all the Lords to enter the castle so we can defend.
They start chasing enemy brigands or enemy lords passing by... (have lost fiefs due to this).
Is this engine related?

They will still do their own thing, another example of ignoring orders:
I arrive at a fief that is under siege and the enemy has started the battle and i tell to all the Lords to enter the castle so we can defend.
They start chasing enemy brigands or enemy lords passing by... (have lost fiefs due to this).
Is this engine related?

When you tell lord to travell to castle or town he will hold that center and freely attack any threat.

When you engage to a siedge any nearby friend or enemy party will participate. Even if you don't see the messages. This is what you should do.

When party acompany another party it doesn't attack freely.

Still doing some test for my solo rpg run of a crazy barbarian dude:
iRKCrxM.jpg

0Q8SSsd.jpg

lol.... anyway, enough testing!

Meet Atok, son of a mysterious and absent father who he barely remembers, a street urchin turned poacher then bounty hunter, until his warband was slaughtered by The Red Brotherhood.
(or as I came to call that character creation, "Ass Streethunter Revenge!")

He enters Javiksholm with his few possessions. Amongst them is the axe he is stubborn enough to continue to use and a fire in his heart to avenge his comrades and travel everywhere in this realm called Pendor, meeting his fellow commoners and aiding them in their struggle to make the ends meet to their lord's standards.

1A8IEzP.jpg

... ok I thought I was doing ok
yALv3j7.jpg

JP6yY8F.jpg

For Honor, Mead and Maidens!

Hello there everyone, I'm here to post some of my stats after 200 days on my 3.9.3 save.

First of all, I gotta note that I force myself to stay close to party size limit because I like suffering. I'll also add that I deliberatly wasted money on the town markets to get equipment for my companions instead of waiting for good loot because, again, I like suffering. If you wonder why I have 6 looting, 3 power throw, 3 spotting and 1 tracking, I deliberately chose the worse initial options skill-wise to my planned playstyle because, you guessed it, I like suffering. Should had chosen letter option at the end tho, so I had 3 major factions wanting my ass too, but oh well I'll keep rolling with what I chose. You could say I'm not one for 100% efficiency playstyle.

I must add that even though I go with max party size, any battle against enemies that have none or very few skilled bowmen/crossbowmen (outlaws, snakeheads, heretics, vanskerrys, inquisition, mystmountains), I tell all my lads to retreat and I deal with all enemies alone, and so I get all the XP for myself. I also refuse to beat big armies by kiting them; I either go face them myself or I'm lucky and find them already fighting a marshal host. I'm playing on max difficulty settings, including 530 battlesize and dream of one day being able to take on a Mystmountain Army (Probably would be able if they didn't have 20 hero adventurers and I was careful of trees) or a Heretic Army (maybe when I get a Spirit Noldor horse) completely alone.

I also play without ever raiding villages, attacking caravans nor taking prisoners (Exceptions will be unique spawn leaders, faction kings and sadistic/bad-tempered lords). Tournaments (If I got a nickle every time I had to reload a save because on final round I had no shield against a hero adventurer with shield...) and rescuing lords from prison (focusing on those who will become my vassals or those who are brother/father/son of a future vassal so I do the proper quest) have proven to be the main spine of my playthrough so far ever since I reached level 15.

My army was 35% Adventurers, 40% Fierdsvain infantry and 25% Ravenstern/Noldor archers until I reached 46 units of cavalry (21 male adventurers, 21 female adventurers, Lethaldiran, Sir Alistair, Sir Rayne and myself). Since adventurers are so damn expensive, I won't increase my cavalry further than that. Distribution of the horseless part of the army is now 55% infantry and 45% archers.

I plan to start a kingdom once I'm level 40 and have 5k renown (I like to take things with lots of calm), without ever being a vassal beforehand, gonna go for Laria obviously (already bumping relations with it and its attached villages).

Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to give full context. Anyways, here go the stats.

9863383186e1c2b280d58c72cb3c9904.png

108c2cf41fbaaa75d7d4b63959e42dfb.png

aa7563d54c8955623afebead43c80f5c.jpg

c6eef3f9732a42cc8231fa602ec96e25.jpg

Some more in video format to make it easier to show everything
https://i.gyazo.com/6bd125d7bd32779ef212abd058c116eb.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/20a35cfd5ee32e9d69428ae62a520435.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/bacb34473a22f9122360ae94b815c583.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/873cdbb4afe116d30307df8605cd2753.mp4

Just now I have spotted what will be the first unique spawn I fight: I saw De Fleur, who's working for Baccus Empire, just barely escape from Ithilrandir (who has neutral relation with me) and the former has only 130 troops left. Time to get my 3rd qualis (I spent the 1st one foolishly on opening the hidden mines, the other on increasing my 10 companions' stats). and then help Noldors another time so I can open Quigfen's shop.

Oh yeah forgot I saved a screenshot of the final casualties against the Heretic Army. It was a heavily damaged army which had only 366 troops left, of which about 100 were cavalry and only 5 were Demonic Magni. Was lucky to encounter it in the woods near Avendor, so the trees hindered their typical charge. Put my archers in a small hill and the huscarls about 10 meters in front, while my adventurers rounded around the main battle area. Made sure to spend all my arrows on the demonic magni to kill them off ASAP, since at that point it becomes a cake walk.

Here's the final results of that battle

dce987bb6007f764cb4f524ab8a860c4.png

Hello again, I just spent half of the day doing probably the most tedious but feel-good rewarding thing I have done so far in PoP. I went to Wolfbode and his 641 men army and defeated it all alone. I have over a dozen of stacks of arrows on my inventory and still needed to retreat twice due to them running out. The 3 rounds lasted about 2 hours each.

On the first one I took down 180 enemies, including the whole honor guard and most of the horse archers that spawned. The shamans with shield I just took out their horses because I didn't feel like doing the risky "wait for them to lower shield" technique that soon.
On the second round I took out another 195 men, which were most of the horse archers that were left and all the shieldless shamans that were left.
On the last round I took out the 266 men that were left. I risked the "lowering shield" tecnique so I could take out most shamans without wasting more arrows on their horses and be able this way to finish the battle this round. The rest of the enemies were a dozen horse archers and the rest foot troops, including Wolfbode himself. I took a couple hits and had to switch horse 4 times because there were around 25 sarleon bowmen which had pretty good accuracy and kept managing to hit the horses. I took the poethic liberty of leaving Wolfbode for last, as it can be seen on the first screenshot.

In total I earned around 150k experience, going from being halfway between lvl 36 and 37 to being halfway between lvl 37 and 38. After the battle Lethaldiran scolded me because, for the Noldor, retreating from battle is a shameful action :roll: I also got the Bane of Vejovis achievement since this was the first time I fought a Mystmountain army.

2edb342a0fff2b4f2303de23b82dd6ce.jpg

5ae6393b222bb7d93c6608ab29ae0024.png

8bc588a57e6eb51a9000c0b2b670f698.jpg

dani26795 said:
Hello again, I just spent half of the day doing probably the most tedious but feel-good rewarding thing I have done so far in PoP. I went to Wolfbode and his 641 men army and defeated it all alone. I have over a dozen of stacks of arrows on my inventory and still needed to retreat twice due to them running out. The 3 rounds lasted about 2 hours each.

Well done!
I remember long time ago i saw a youtube video with someone doing the same thing. But he started with 2 shields running in circles then switched to bow/arrows.
So who is next, Heretic army? You i ll need a lot of arrows to take down the Demonic Magnus :smile:

shoshuro said:
dani26795 said:

Well done!
I remember long time ago i saw a youtube video with someone doing the same thing. But he started with 2 shields running in circles then switched to bow/arrows.
So who is next, Heretic army? You i ll need a lot of arrows to take down the Demonic Magnus :smile:

I guess you are talking about NoFairFight aka Boris. I have been watching his older videos and specially 2 he made in which he solos the first wave of 200 enemies from a Heretic army inspired me to play in a similar way. I didn't use 2 shields in this battle since it's mostly fighting cavalry and the only range weapon Mystmountains can hurt me with are the Shaman's throwing axes, so I did 3 stacks of arrows till melee cavalry is down and then a single shield when letting the ranged cavalry deplete their ammo. Only that I'm playing on battle size 530 and unlimited reinforcements, meaning that my only way out is going to the edge of the map when no enemy can catch me so I can retreat unscathed.

And yeah, armies that seem possible to solo appart from Wolfbode seem to be Vanskerry armies, Heretic armies and even Snake Cult armies if you are careful to dodge the Priestesses spears. Non-Wolfbode mystmountain armies would be the easiest if they didn't have a dozen of Hero Adventurers that can finish you in 2 shots  :iamamoron:

I'm not planning on soloing those other armies until I get Riding 6+1 from defeating a Jatu army and then getting myself a Noldor Spirit Horse though, since low tier crossbowmen can damage a horse much more than low tier archers.

Savigo said:
Any army without units that deal actual damage from range can be defeated solo. It's only a matter of patience :smile:

Yep, and even if they have good range, all you need is to have a couple backup shield and telling part of your cavalry to dismount their armored horses before leaving so you can switch them when yours is running low on health. Worked with a group of inquisitors that had 20 sharpshooters at least.

Is Horse Archery that OP? I've always preferred the typical knight setup (shield, lance, 1h) because I'm flat out better at it, and the adrenaline from narrowly taking down another knight lance-to-lance is just worth it.

It's not, especially against shielded cavalry. As a mounted melee fighter, you can always force AI to attack you from the wrong direction, like that:

OtSNJLv.png

Doing that, you can defeat infinite amount of cavalry, as long as you don't f**k up. It's a little bit more difficult if there are lance users, but you can just wait until lance is up or use simmilar strategy as in the picture above.

Melee cavalry is easy to deal with as a horse archer though. Enemies with lances are very easy to take out, since they expose their head and right shoulder when couching their lances. Only melee cavalry that is truly dangerous is that with a long and fast sword, but in those cases you can always just shoot the head of their horse and they'll be a lot easier to take down when on foot. The true bane of a horse archer is very good ranged units that can take down the horse in a few hits, like sharpshooters, rangers or heroic adventurers.

Today I did something even more tedious and straight up extenuating than soloing Wolfbode: I solo'd Eyegrim. He had spawned relatively recently and still had 748 undead troops after fighting a couple Fierdsvain caravans and lords. Once again the battle was divided in 3 rounds, where I killed 195, 199 and 354 in each of them (basic fallen arent much of a challenge after all, and last round was filled with them).
The first 2 rounds were a complete and absolute hell, I lost count of how long the whole thing lasted. It was like fighting Vanskerries on steroids, with the hail of thrown axes, jarids and javelins lasting for almost 1 hour each round. In both occasions I had to retreat not for lack of arrows but because of my 2 shields being almost completely wasted (hundreds of thrown weapons gotta hit the mark some times after all). I always made sure to kill the stronger troops, starting with Eyegrim and his revenants, then as many veterans, warriors and footmen I could take down before next wave of enemies could get on throwing distance so I could retreat in time.
This allowed for a more calm 3rd round (though as seen in 1st screenshot one of my shields was still heavily damaged) and thankfully RNG was on my side and I unlocked the secrets for CKO. I won a ****ton of XP from this battle, that's for sure. I'm almost level 39 now.
Next challenge might be solo'ing Snake Cult army, since there are 3 of them roaming around atm. I guess it will be something like this battle, but with crossbows and more thrown weapons from mounted units, so I'll ask companions for their shields so I have some backups of them next time lol

d40122c05078594910ae4e37fe8aa9d8.jpg

8dcfcbe5f21dd5d00c80d6192ba5fda1.jpg

7132e752aeed093467775d30aca92b18.png

827b2fbffac246a601bfc1442c957421.png

Savigo said:
It's not, especially against shielded cavalry. As a mounted melee fighter, you can always force AI to attack you from the wrong direction, like that:

OtSNJLv.png

Doing that, you can defeat infinite amount of cavalry, as long as you don't f**k up. It's a little bit more difficult if there are lance users, but you can just wait until lance is up or use simmilar strategy as in the picture above.
It's even better when they're in a cluster since they can't manuveur. Though you have to pay attention at the last guy

Body armor looks practical now. Gothic like style, well, kinda. With their black and competent sergeants they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom