Me and my problems with mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

So, here I was again, after some time passed with the game, updates came and came and some people claimed,t he game actually fixed a lot of the bugs, that stopped people from playing the game in singleplayer in its first few days to weeks.
So as a fan of recent Mount&Blade games of course I want to get back into it, play my own story with my own decisions, till I possibly get bored and start a new game or cheat the hell out of the game to overrun my enemies almost alone, while he runs with 200 men into my blades.

Of course I wanted a normal nice game first and friends started recommending me quite a few mods, that are supposed to improve your gameplay experience. Not all of them fitted my taste but I found a few I really liked, installed them and started the game. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like not every mod works the way I'd like it to work, specifically meaning, my game instantly crashes in the loading screen without giving me much info about what mod it could've been that caused the crash.
But I thought, somewhere in the lands of Calradia, there is a brave hero, on his horse he transports the good mods, that make the game wonderfull and has no crashes, because he knows, which mods do work and which dont.
There is just mods, that I feel would make the game so much better to play for me, that I don't want to end up not using mods at all.

So here's a quite huge list of mods, that I actually intended on using:
-Attribute per Level
-Autoblocker (Liked the Warband Autoblock feature)
-Bannerpeasants (Just looks nice, if some soldiers raise your banner)
-Character Trainer (Some levels/skills are a pain in the ass to master without the trainer)
-Curry Favor By Killing Bandits (Sounds great to finally get some renown and favor for killing bandits near settlements)
-Dismemberment (Who doesn't like to see bodyparts flying around when you feel like a god of battle?)
-Fighting Together Relationship (Supposed to give you a bonus on friendship gain with people you go into battles with)
-Improved Garrisons (Because it makes sense, that they dont just hold, they also train their skills in a garrison)
-MBFastDialog (Useless Loadingscreens to get into a conversation with bandits, just to tell them, that I'm gonna murder them. No thanks)
-ModLib (Because its the requirement of some mods, such as Autoblocker and Bannerlord Tweaks)
-NPCRevamp (Don't need models but surely not everyone has to be ugly, right?)
-SettlementIcons (It's nice to know, where they need you, before you get there, just to find out, they dont need you.)
-SmithForever (Its hard enough to get that skill and the blueprints - the stamina just makes it almost incredible)
- Xorberax's Cut Thorugh Everyone (Might not be super realistic, but I like the fact, that a blade can cut more then one person with a swing)
-Bannerlord Tweaks (Just a major must have)

So does anyone know which specific mod might not work on that list and maybe even why?
Does anyone here has a even better arsenal of mods, he can safely recomment, knowing it doesn't cause issues?
Private Messages are welcome, if someone wants to share his list of mods with me more direct. (I'd love direct links to the mods, if you recommend me some)

Thanks to everyone trying to help,
For the King and Glory!

If your playing BL version 1.5.3 here's a list of mods I've been using myself. I have a 700 day savegame with these and have not had any issues so far. I don't have the links to all of them but you can find every one of them on Nexusmods.

wHAvZ0t.png

That's a lot of mods and my guess is a few of them have not been updated in a while

Settlement icons doesnt work on 1.5.4. If you are on 1.5.3 then make sure you are using the 'updated' version.

There are 2 versions of dismemberment also. I believe the new one has '(fixed)' added to the name. I have not used this on 1.5.4 but it worked on 1.5.3

Your best bet is to go onto the nexus page for the mod and check for information.

There will be an 'Updated on' date, if this this is recent then theres a higher chance the mod will work
The creator may have some compatibility info on in the description
on the 'posts' tab there will likely be users posting whether or not it has crashed their game on the latest versions

I'm pretty sure that Bannerpeasents, Fighting Together, and Settlement Icons were all having problems with the latest patch or have had a lot of problems in the past, the other stuff I'm unsure of. I use fast dialogue and it's a god send so (y) on that one. My suggestion is to add them one or two at a time then try starting up the game and launching because it's a lot easier than going back and trying to remove mods to find out why the game is crashing.

The Steam workshop will be a good tool to standardize the mods, it seems that each one needs two or three different tools to work, it's painful, I already gave up on the mods.

This is why I don't **** with mods anymore. Too much damn hassle trying to keep up with every update and then the majority of the time, the modders don't even bother keeping up after a few said updates. Just fix the damn marriage and political marriage systems, and toss in rebellions or separatism and I could give a **** less about anything else in the game.

A lot of modders have slowed down updates, waiting for stability. I can't play the game without 15 or so mods. Have to have more control of my troops and better interactions with lords.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom