[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you and congratulations to the other contestants! This was a very close competition! My favourite was probably BeefBacon's Nordhaven, good atmosphere and realistic execution. SageMcQuincy didn't disappoint either, i always love to look at the architecture you create!

Akathir said:
Thank you and congratulations to the other contestants! This was a very close competition! My favourite was probably BeefBacon's Nordhaven, good atmosphere and realistic execution. SageMcQuincy didn't disappoint either, i always love to look at the architecture you create!

Congratulations to you especially, when you uploaded I knew you'd win. Great and impressive work as always!

It was a forest swampy camp contest /ruined castle/disney world or a castle siege contest !? When i see the four first scenes and the honourable mentions, i'm very honoured to be the last !

Last edited:
Great scenes and effort, everyone! I hope that nonetheless there will be another chance in Q4 2019/ Q1 2020 to redeem oneself and to participate for ones that did not enter the contest due to various reasons.

Why those ones are

54/120
LtAS0.jpg

65/120
j2VacW.jpg

67/120
37ApBXE.jpg

And mine is 44/120 ?
40B7C33A588FAD2B5354DEDE14C6BAA16AF2DA3C

Can i know wich juror don't like me even if i have a little idea !

Ettenrocal said:
It was a forest swampy camp contest /ruined castle/disney world or a castle siege contest !? When i see the the four first scenes and the honourable mentions, i'm very honoured to be the last !
I sense your irony, but will reply  :smile:
There was no limit to the imagination in this contest, only that it had to be a castle, and as such a fortified place where a siege could take place.
Realism, high or low fantasy etc. was not specified.
I personally did not give your scene the least amount of points, but there are especially issues with the AI mesh. It only covers half the castle - the front courtyard - and needs some cleaning up.

Xf9nZ.jpg
oe_5e.jpg
1qEtj.jpg
neyLd.jpg

A 'niche' where the player falls through.
nWybo.jpg

About Arch3r's Muidestein. My biggest issues with the scene is that Arch3r might have forgotten that the edge of the playable area is not the terrain.
The edge is simply right next to the siege tower and the wall where the siege tower lands. It's very unfortunate for an otherwise lovely looking scene.

MIHfd.jpg
gRItx.jpg
ZqPlC.jpg

I don't understand really cause i have put AI barriers to the courtyard zone... Anyway people who want to use it will have to learn a little scening to adapt it. I wanted to make it but they will finish it themselves !

Also i think there is a conflict of interest of being a juror and a moderator on TW forums same time :roll:

Calm down, Ettenrocal. There's no conflict of interest at all.  :wink:

I can't speak for the other judges, but I for my part did not favour fantasy castle designs over realistic ones. For example, BeefBacon's Lakeview Keep, which is a very simple castle design, scored #2 on my sheet, because it had perfectly executed both its visual and gameplay concepts. Profy's Forteresse de Mornas is based on a real castle and scored quite high, too. In both cases, there's a clear distinction in level of detail and complexity of gameplay from the scenes you posted. That doesn't make your examples bad scenes, but you still have to differentiate.

Also yeah, as Adorno pointed out, realism was not a category of judgement.

Ettenrocal said:
Also i think there is a conflict of interest of being a juror and a moderator on TW forums same time :roll:
I'm sorry you think that.
I personally don't consider myself biased, and don't know any of the participants personally - have not worked with anyone. Not sure I have even exchanged PMs with any of them.

I'm not saying this for people who are moderators of their own subforum mod or DLC indeed ! I mean the real moderators !

Did you even noticed this prop ?

1D9FA7EE69E8D54E5B080DA6B206E9D0A87FF311

51EC724DB20E21A508FAACEBAC2AA19B79A0C5AF

That you will not see in many scenes cause there is a big hole in the back wall... i suppose its a kind of "innovation" so well done (cause it works in interior of the prop too) that nobody noticed it :lol:

They just made wonderful scenes Ettenrocal, no reason to make a fuss about it. Frankly, because of their amazing work I'm quite embarassed to have sent my submission in the first place, especially after seeing the devs looking at the scenes.  :facepalm:

You'll have your moment too, don't let it weigh you down. ^^

Back
Top Bottom