MBMC Community thread (Minecraft Server)

Do you love glorious North Korea?

• Yes

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 36 48.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

beny finally banned for xraying, something that i've been hoping would happen since the first time we killed baconland (of what, 37 times?)

<shamelessrecruiting>
I am not. Rmrman, join Zendar. I remember you as being a competent fighter and a builder who's not afraid to dream. Let us build a Duchy together!
</shamelessrecruiting>

Jkelzo's defence of xraying was that 'everybody does it'

But I think the post was deleted.

THE NEW MIGRATION: REDDIT USERS FLOCK TO SERVERIA

immigrants-1906.jpg

-Reddit migrants aboard a ship steaming towards Serveria

Barely two weeks after the Great Taleworlds Migration brought dozens of new players to Serveria, and upset the balance of power in the North, a new Great Migration has begun, this time from the lands of Reddit. At dozens have already swarmed into the server within an hour, with more joining by the hour. Many new factions have already been made, but the most prominent right now is the Reddit Army, which indiscriminately accepts all newcomers from Reddit. However, with its original leader assassinated by Magicman, a former officer has taken the helm, but it is yet to be seen whether he will be able to provide the leadership needed to guide his shaken nation to survival. Other new nations include Pillowtown, Druids, Umbra, Lojbania, and America.

To get the perspective of the newcomers, one of our reporters interviewed a Reddit migrant to Serveria, Colonel Uber:

Tib: So, Colonel, how did you hear about this server?
Colonel: Reddit, of course. Specifically a faction map gif was posted that made me interested.
Tib: Ah! Who posted the map?
Colonel: A Reddit user by the name of echase (Kariden of Uesugi)
Tib: Alright... How popular is the map post, do you believe? Can we expect many more migrants to Serveria?
Colonel: I think the reddit post hit the height of its popularity already. There will probably be a couple more here and there, but most that will come have come.
Tib: Ah, thank you. One last question. Are you considering posting further posts or perhaps After Action Reports to encourage more migrants to this server?
Colonel: To be honest with how new I am, I think I just want to learn more about the server before I start advertising it. In the future I would consider [it] if I stick around.
Tib: Thank you for your time, Colonel. Welcome to the server.

Thus it seems that the initial wave of Reddit migration is about spent, but it seems likely that as events progress and the balance of power changes, yet more will be attracted to Serveria by the promise of conflict, riches, enlightenment, and adventure. Ours is the light of civilization that attracts the masses. We must remain on guard, brethren of Taleworlds, for opportunity and trials presented by these newcomers. Nonetheless, the increased activity is good for all, as it gives health to the Server and its peoples.

BELKAN EMPIRE COLLAPSE RESULTS IN POWER VACUUM

Anarchist-Russian-sailors-in-Helsinki-1917-russian-revolution-1917-15612568-538-367.jpg

-Belkan anarchists posing during the Belkan collapse

Once one of the mightiest Empires in Serveria, the Belkan Empire has ultimately collapsed after the Belkan and Anglo-Uesugi War brought it to its knees. Relentless pressure by the Allied armies on the retreating Belkans rapidly depleted their manpower reserves, until they had no choice but to sue for peace. Their strength broken, the Belkan Emperor signed the Treaty of Oxford, thereby ceding all of its Northern Territories to England, and a 30 day truce. The Belkan Northern Territories are now administered as the Duchy of Northumberland, under the Vengur. Following the signing, in a surprising move, Emperor Ditronian abdicated the Throne of Belka, and without a designated heir, the Empire broke apart.

The principal successor state is that of the Ottoman Empire, a former vassal and their largest land owner, based from the grand floating city of Iconium. It has gained the oaths and fiefs of many of the former Belkan fiefdoms, but its strength is a shadow of the old Empire. Several other states formed following the fall of Belka, including Anhalt, and the Roman Empire, now a colony of the Free City of Palamaine. The Templars in the south took advantage of the Belkan breakup and annexed its Far Southern colony. However, to the north in the center of the continent, many of the former Belkan strongholds remain unclaimed, the heart of its Empire empty. While Belkan unity once held these lands together in peace, if the new migrant factions settle in the Heartlands, dividing it amongst themselves, it may become a new hotspot for conflict and wars. And around it loom the great Empires of England, Vaenor, the Dwarves, and Uesugi... soon it may be the center, not the North, that people look to in wars ahead.

PERSIAN REVOLT IN LATVERIA RESULTS IN BLOODY CRACKDOWN

601px-BritsLookingOnBaghdad1941.jpg

-Latverian troops look towards reconquered Persian Crete during the revolt

Despite capitulating to the demands of the Latverian Reich during the brief Latverian-Persian war a little more than a week ago, Persia (also known as TradeFed) has risen against the Latverian Occupational Administration, briefly achieving freedom after the terms of the last war resulted in their vassalization. The 8 man faction quickly threw out the surprised Latverian officials, themselves a faction of only 3, during the initial uprising, retaking their position in Crete, and liberating Adrianople. However, by yesterday their erstwhile former masters had fully grasped the nature of the situation, and moved accordingly to put down the rebellion. The great warrior Akar was sent out to deal with the rebels, and despite considerable difficulty clientside, slew five singlehandedly, only succumbing due to the use of lava warfare. By today, however, the full force of Latveria was brought down on the revolt, squashing their resistance utterly, and by tonight the Persian leadership began suing for peace, after the fall of Crete and the occupation of the Acropolis by Akar. The reasons for the swift crackdown on the revolt, despite the overwhelming numbers of the Persian natives, lay on the disorganization and lack of training of the Persian rabble, and the professional skill and discipline of the Latverian Colonial Force and their leader Akar. From Mountain Blade Report estimates, the death toll from the Persian Revolt of February 18th are over a dozen Persian dead, and 1-2 Latverian casualties.

Duty. Honor. Obedience. Death.

Back
Top Bottom