Massive FPS drop on city maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

ToxicKilla

Regular
I've always had FPS drops on city maps, but after the latest patch it has gotten much worse. On any map that doesn't have destructible buildings I get a constant 60FPS (it's limited to that), as I do on any other module including the ones with improved graphics etc. But on NW city maps such as the Paris one I get 21-24 FPS when looking horizontally, if I look down or into the sky I get 60 again. This problem is making the game unplayable for me on most maps and it even persists with graphics set down about half.
System Specs:
GTX 560ti (I have two of them but have SLI disabled on Warband due to problems with it)
Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
8 GB RAM
64 bit windows

After all this time, this still is a problem for me as well. The affected maps are Champs Elyssée (almost certainly misspelt) and the other one with the church on one side and the plateau on the other. As mentioned, the FPS drops down to abysmally bad levels when looking towards the centre of the map. I mostly wait out the rounds on these maps, if I don't I try luring people into the spawn area, to fight them while looking towards the mapedge. Melee is near impossible on both these maps.

My specs would be Intel Core i7-2600k @~3.7GHz and a GTX 580 with 4 gig.

I guess it's mostly because of the way buildings are placed to look like they're in a block - if you zoom out as a spectator you can see that there is a large quantity of seperate houses just jammed together, resulting in a very high amount of rendered stuff that you would not even be able to see.

It'd be swell to have this issue adressed once more.

Funny thing is, European City actually isn't that bad at all, melee is possible. I'm thinking it's either the destructible houses or the smoke from the chimneys?

Limit your FPS in the launcher to 60 FPS.

Go to Nvidia control center and make sure both Antosrophic Filtering and all the Anti Aliasing settings for Mount  & blade are set to Application Controlled.

For instance if I have transparent AA + 8 x MSAA forced through my nvidia driver even by 680 GXT lags on some maps, I have the feeling the engine and nvidia are not that compatible.

Vincenzo said:
Limit your FPS in the launcher to 60 FPS.

Go to Nvidia control center and make sure both Antosrophic Filtering and all the Anti Aliasing settings for Mount  & blade are set to Application Controlled.

For instance if I have transparent AA + 8 x MSAA forced through my nvidia driver even by 680 GXT lags on some maps, I have the feeling the engine and nvidia are not that compatible.

Still only choking up ~35 FPS at max. ):

Really no idea, try other settings in your control panel... maybe the game diden't get detected right by nvidia, manually add the .exe in your settings panel..

I have made NW and played it extensivly on my previous rig, which was exactly your setup, though with 16 gigs of ram and I always had 60 fps on any map with any player count.

I was wondering if I was the only one or not. This happened to me too. Prior to the week of Thanksgiving, my Warband ran 120fps on High no matter what module i was running. I come back the Sunday of the week of Thanksgiving (Just to clarify, I was away ALL week. Mon-Sun) and my Warband just lags so bad. It's as bad as most maps only doing 12-18fps at most on the lowest settings.

Specs:

GeForce 9800 GTX +

4GB RAM (3.33gb is being allocated for use)

Windows 7 32-bit OS.

Rollback your nVidia diver to 301.42. You'll get your performance back. I did. It works.

kpetschulat said:
mss said:
Rollback your nVidia diver to 301.42. You'll get your performance back. I did. It works.

Wait, why? Is the latest driver glitchy or something?

Something in NW is using something nVidia decided to change in the latest drivers. Whether it was nVidia breaking a feature or fixing a bug, I don't know. 301.42 does not have this issue.

Back
Top Bottom