Mass Effect 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Got it. Been playing. I have to say it's amazing. Using my old character and ****, it brings me back to Mass Effect 1. I dunno how Bioware does it, but their games seem to have these great stories, with great presentation, and I always feel really connected and into the game. I was feeling alot of nostalgia when I started playing.

The thing about this though, as I realised after talking to someone who asked how the game was, is that you really can't appreciate it, and enjoy it to it's fullest, unless you've played Mass Effect 1.

Combat seems better for the most part, kinda miss grenades though. But I think I like reloading better than overheating. Everything is definitely, er simpler...But it's a good thing as far as I can tell. No more having a ****load of weapons and stuff and trying to distribute and manage. I spent enough time wandering around the Normandy not including inventory management in ME1.  Upgrades are cool. I have like 3 special suits but I find myself using the default just cause of aesthetics. Erm, dunno what else I can say about the mechanics or anything.

Awesome game, though.

Is anyone else having extreme sound problems with cutscene dialogue volume?
Even interacting with a merchant in the usual dialogue wheel cutscene has the dialogue as barely audible. Yes, my Dialogue volume is at 100%. It seems almost locational. The volume will increase or decrease depending on the camera angle, but it still destroys the immersion, because I need to read the subtitles to understand/hear what's being said.

I laugh at all of you. My finals were the past 2 days. :grin:

Lyze said:
Is anyone else having extreme sound problems with cutscene dialogue volume?
Even interacting with a merchant in the usual dialogue wheel cutscene has the dialogue as barely audible. Yes, my Dialogue volume is at 100%. It seems almost locational. The volume will increase or decrease depending on the camera angle, but it still destroys the immersion, because I need to read the subtitles to understand/hear what's being said.
No, but I have gotten the occasional crash and fps drop. And I've always used subtitles. :lol: People talk too slow and it's easier to just read ****.

Also, can anyone who has a better memory of ME1 tell me what the general opinion on Cerberus is? Cause I can't seem to remember, and I'm getting the idea I should, seeing as
You're now on the other side of things.

Cerberus is to Mass Effect what Space Marines are to Warhammer40k, a xenophobic beyond comprehension powerful independent human 'faction' feared throughout the galaxy.(mostly by aliens)

K thanks.

I kinda picked up on that, but it always seems you only have the 2 extremes to choose between. And they seem so nice!
^^Just in case.

An4Sh said:
Cerberus is to Mass Effect what Space Marines are to Warhammer40k, a xenophobic beyond comprehension powerful independent human 'faction' feared throughout the galaxy.(mostly by aliens)

But not quite as awesome, I'm expecting most of the Cerberus crew to backstab Shepherd at some point, I don't trust them :p

Back in the first ME, Cerberus were a bunch of bastards whom you had to kill whenever you met them. They were the perennial mooks you found in those copy/paste planets and bunkers and what-have-you, always ready to die so you could be one step closer to visiting every single one of those dull little worlds.

Looks like there's alot more Romance options this time around. Jack's into sex, the crew lady said Tali likes me, Ashley is all emotional, and Miranda has a twin. There's just so many possibilities to explore! :grin:

Also, I'm SO glad they took care of the things that ME1 was known for, like mainly the do this before this missions (Which still happens, I mean, they can't totally get rid of it, we'd run through the story in like 5 hours :lol: ), and the backtracking. Omfg no more backtracking, I'm so happy.

Holy balls Batman.
1253025-1251567_s1_super.png

just dont watch the gametrailers.com review, they basically tell you the entire plot.....I was pissed.

Radalan said:
Holy balls Batman.
1253025-1251567_s1_super.png
Yea, I gotta say, Miranda is probably the hottest video game character in any game I've played.

The thing though, is that as far as I can tell, surviving the 'suicide mission' seems pretty easy. The signs as to what you have to do to succeed are fairly obvious. The various Ship upgrades that say they may help you succeed in missions, the obvious character missions that cause the characters to become 'loyal'. You basically just have to make sure you have everything covered. I mean, unless some of the smaller things matter, which I doubt. And then there's the whole 'trust Cerberus or not' thing, of which I am unsure what to do, kinda walking the line at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom