Mass Effect 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Lyze

Baron
As of this posting, it comes out in less than twenty-four hours for North America. The reviews have been generally incredible, and I know I'm waiting for it with anticipation.
Do you think it will live up to the hype, and hold up to the standards that the reviews have set for it?

Once it comes out, do put your first impressions.

Already had the chance to play it :razz:

From what I played it's pretty much how ME 1 should have been. Not sure whether I'll buy it or not (bearing in mind my exposure to the story was restricted, and no, I didn't get to use my ME save), it's not that I can point to anything as being actually *bad*, simply that it did feel awfully similar to ME 1 and there's a kind of "been there, done that" feeling. The combat is most definitely improved (the AI is slightly less retarded this time) and still fun, but nothing substantially more over the original.

Unless someone can convince me the story is good enough to hook you in I think this might be a back-burner for me. Although saying that it could just be me - there's the Dragon Age expansion, this, Stalker and various other games I should be excited about in the next few months, and the only one I can really muster any enthusiasm for is ****ing Silent Hunter V.

Maybe I should go see a doctor or summink.

As do I. On Steam, the Deluxe Edition, since I loved the original to the highest degree, and the extra content was worth it for once.
It's pre-loaded and ready to go for when it unlocks tomorrow, which is a bad thing, as it unlocks just before the 1st of my 3 government exams this week.

I've pre-ordered it, but it comes out the day after tomorrow in here.

I try to read as little as possible about it before I play it (the day after ****ing tomorrow), so only thing I have to say is "**** you North America, **** you."

All I can say about this game is that I. CAN'T. ****ING. WAIT.

I've heard sooo many good things about it so far, totally not going to class tomorrow after I pick it up.
Honestly, I'm usually too jaded to get excited about anything, so this is an awesome sensation.

RAAAAWRR

**** yeah...

It's gonna be epic.

Same as Radalan, I've been avoiding the hype so that I can get immersed into what I hope will be a decent story and gameplay. Should be more excited than I am, but I'm also stuck in another project that means I probably won't buy it for another month. Looking forward to it though.

It's coming nngh, must resist temptation... Exams.. hehhr

*Brain explodes*

Definetly going to check this out when I finished 1 some day....although some of the changes they made (inventory and item-management for idiots, more action less rpg) sound not so great, it looks more like a shooter game that tries to make everything a easy and simple as possible... :neutral:

Apparently it isn't an easy game, though. IGN, as little credibility as it holds, has said that "Mass Effect 2 isn't a cakewalk".
I just fired up Steam and apparently there it is, waiting to go, just calling to me, but I have my government mathematics exam in a couple hours. I need to put in some more studying first.

For me, it won't be done downloading from GamersGate until during my last class this afternoon, so I'll just have to hold off and finish a little bit of homework first then I can play.

Man, I can't wait to get it. No idea when it's out in Europe though. And I don't have much money, and I want to Splinter Cell: Conviction too ...

Played it for 10 hours so far.

I must say it is amazing, I only played Mass Effect 1 for a few hours at a friends house yet the story still keeps me interested.
Runs on max at a very smooth FPS, but there are not many options for the graphics.

It looks beautiful, it's extremely fun, and I only have very few complaints.

How do you know the stats of weapons and how much damage attacks do?
I do not know how much damage 500 newtons is for a throw, and I would like to know which of my weapons to use that I find.
And the same with some armor bonuses.

What the ****? Downloaded all 10 gigs of Mass Effect and was distracted when I started the file for installation from GamersGate, apparently selected remove temporary files  (WHY IS THAT THE FIRST AND DEFAULT OPTION BEFORE YOU INSTALL IT?) and apparently deleted the whole thing. Now I have to wait 5 hours to download it again, ****!

Back
Top Bottom