Map screenshots of all my campain

Users who are viewing this thread

So, before you bunch of Khuzait gatekeepers flame me for being a noob or something. Here are the facts : Bannerlord is a Sandbox and there SHOULD be multiple ways of enjoying a game. Mount and blade is all about creating your character's own story. I am not too much of a military type. I participate in the warfare to a certain extent because i find it boring and repetitive to always be fighting and fighting the same troops non stop. So basicly, these pictures are mostly the AIs fighting each others with little to no influence from me. Here are screenshots of all my campain = Khuzait steamroll on nearby ennemies all the time. These pictures were taken the moment i decide to abandon the campain and start a new one, because i am not interested in unbalanced campains. I can assure you these pictures were taken the moment Khuzait were snowballing too much for any of the other factions to deal against them without me going warfare non-stop.

Khuzait's bonus movement speed on the world map is a massive OVERBOOST to them. Basicly what it does is that none of the other faction's vassal can pick them up out of position, they cannot reach them, which explains why they always retain their huge numbers and huge armies.

You should indicate the date on each one so we can have idea how it played out.

That last screenshot look very dire with only 3 factions left.

Last screenshot is the only one thats a late game, most of the others im not even clan 4, super early Games because i always abandon them at that point

You are absolutely right and this is the general consensus we have formed in two Dev posts (1.5.1 diplomacy balancing / 1.5.6 diplomacy balancing).

Khuzaits faction speed bonus and the cav 20% bonus in autocalc are the main reasons for Khuzait to snowball, along with many other bugs fixed in 1.5.6. Unfortunately they have not decided to remove/adjust the bonuses yet.

I am hopeful for a complete redo of the faction culture bonuses as they are either OP or totally useless.

I am very perplexed why TW keeps walking the path of hardest resistance. Change it to another horse related bonus, like cav troop upkeep decrease, etc. I know it is forcing developers (cough mexxico cough) to really dig deep into the code and "innovate", but dam, is it necessary to climb that mountain? Sometimes going around it works too.

I am very perplexed why TW keeps walking the path of hardest resistance. Change it to another horse related bonus, like cav troop upkeep decrease, etc. I know it is forcing developers (cough mexxico cough) to really dig deep into the code and "innovate", but dam, is it necessary to climb that mountain? Sometimes going around it works too.

Probably because it doesn't actually fix snowballing when you remove the bonus.

The bonus is a major factor. Even if its a tiny slight movement boost it Will lead to Khuzait's vassals being unreachable for the rest of the AI

Like, bro, I've actually removed that bonus and tested it across multiple playthroughs. You have to remove both the Khuzait culture bonus and the cav bonus. Even then it won't stop the snowballing. It will just slow it down a bit more.

A player still won't be able to **** around during a playthrough without things falling to a pair (or maybe three) stable mega-factions that dominate the continent and avoid going to war with each other.

Like, bro, I've actually removed that bonus and tested it across multiple playthroughs. You have to remove both the Khuzait culture bonus and the cav bonus. Even then it won't stop the snowballing. It will just slow it down a bit more.

A player still won't be able to **** around during a playthrough without things falling to a pair (or maybe three) stable mega-factions that dominate the continent and avoid going to war with each other.
Regardless of snowballing, how do we slow down khuzaits parties for other AI parties to catch? They have in my experience always been able to run away from or easily catch sturgian/empire AI parties. Obviously its due to the amount of cav in their party, so i doubt the cultural bonus alone would stop them being faster overall. I’d be very interested to see what the average party speed is for each of the factions.

Maybe in other biomes the horses should lose their speed bonus? Like in the snow and in forests? This way khuzait stay fast where you expect them, but not with full map dominance.

Back
Top Bottom