Map screenshots of all my campain

Users who are viewing this thread

Regardless of snowballing, how do we slow down khuzaits parties for other AI parties to catch? They have in my experience always been able to run away from or easily catch sturgian/empire AI parties. I’d be very interested to see what the average party speed is for each of the factions.

My feeling is that the only way is to adjust the party templates/troop trees (I don't know which controls how the AI builds their parties) so the Khuzaits have a lower portion of mounted units, comparable to other factions.

(edit: to be clear, I said "feeling" because I haven't tested this at all)

Average party speed depends on how far into a playthrough you get though. Early on, Khuzait parties and armies are definitely faster. But by time you hit about fifteen or twenty years, they are close to average, if not a bit slower, due to Imperial defections and troops filling out their roster. I have a twenty year playthrough I can check and compare to a starting one though.

Last edited:
Apart from the khuzait bonus, other stuff is also quite obvious, like Aserai and Sturgia never being able to take cities from khuzait, mostly because they are too weak on the eastern side and need to bring armies from the other side of map.
I think the faction setup is badly designed in that aspect, because aserai and sturgia are stretched too thin, while all other factions are compact.

Apart from the khuzait bonus, other stuff is also quite obvious, like Aserai and Sturgia never being able to take cities from khuzait, mostly because they are too weak on the eastern side and need to bring armies from the other side of map.
I think the faction setup is badly designed in that aspect, because aserai and sturgia are stretched to thin, while all other factions are compact.

The Aserai never take cities from the Khuzaits because they very seldom go to war with the Khuzaits in the first place. And the uncommon times when they do it is almost never for very long. Essentially, the two factions form a non-aggression pact for much of the game. Known issue, already acknowledged, it just hasn't been addressed yet.

In my last 2 playthroughs until player character death (Vlandia & Khuzait) I found the Aserai very docile. I can only recall a handful of wars with them in each campaign. The odd time they would declare war, we would take back our territory and they'd just sort of give up. Leaving us free to go back to smashing the Empire.

Current Sturgian campaign they were doing a little better, at war with SE from day 1 and took Danustica early. Monchug wouldn't let them keep it however...

Regardless of snowballing, how do we slow down khuzaits parties for other AI parties to catch? They have in my experience always been able to run away from or easily catch sturgian/empire AI parties. Obviously its due to the amount of cav in their party, so i doubt the cultural bonus alone would stop them being faster overall. I’d be very interested to see what the average party speed is for each of the factions.

Maybe in other biomes the horses should lose their speed bonus? Like in the snow and in forests? This way khuzait stay fast where you expect them, but not with full map dominance.

Being unreachable is a massive factor by itself. Empire all get caught and end up having armies of recruit, while Khuzait keeps their massive armies of high tier troops. They need to be slowed down to the same speed of other factions.

Back
Top Bottom