Map Editor Help Please!

Users who are viewing this thread

DynastyFenix

Sergeant
Hey everyone! I've read all of the tutorials from Thorgrim, but I've somehow seemed to get confused on the easiest part of the mpa...saving it. When I click the save button, the menu scrolls back down. But when I go to the load map menu, my map doesnt show up in the row with the rest. If anyone know's how I can fix this PLEASE tell me, if I loose this map my hours of work will be worthless....thanks in advanced guys!

The map editor loads and saves to the different modules, which are what show up in the list. If you saved the default map that was loaded, it will have saved over the Native map. So that's where your map is.

Hmm, not entirely sure... it probably defaulted to the Native module, but I've never started a new map so I don't know.

Not good...well thanks for the help..I dont think I'm going to close the editor or shut my computer until my mod is done lol

if you oppened the map ed without loading any other mods then started a new map it should save over the native map unless you were editing a mod (a new mod or one in the modules folder) in Effidian's editor.

if you were editing in Effidian's ' then it would save to the mod you were making/editing...

Thanks for the help. And Hussey, thanks for the completely unnecessary statement...After working on a map for 5 hours straight, then having 15 minutes left to save it, get ready, and get to a wedding, I didn't really care about what thread I posted in...another question to others, I saved the map, but didnt close it out. When I went to the Native M&B game, I started a new character, and the map was still the default Native map.

Not sure. You might check other mods you have installed to see if it overwrote one of their maps.
This would go well in the Editing Tools section, since Thorgrim seems to regularly check there and is good enough to answer basically all such questions that pop up over there.

Well I closed the mpa hoping it would pop up in one of my many mods, and it did not...Thorgrim didn't seem to know how to solve the problem, so I guess I have to start all over again....o well, thanks for the help anyway, I appreciate it.

So you are saying that you dont know where it saved? is that it?

As Kastor has said, if all you did was open the map editor, clicked new, made a new map, and saved it, then it will be saved over whatever map opened when it loaded up (Native by default)

Are you sure you didnt load another mod, then click new, then make the mod, and saved over that mods map?

Maybe I should rename the button to clear or something, since it isnt obvious that it will save over the same map (even though it does tell you what map you are editing at the top of the window, in the title bar).

If you still cant find where it saved, just run a windows search and look for the most recently edited map... remember that by default, the map editor will open the most recently installed version of M&B, in the case you have more than 1 install of it.

Back
Top Bottom