Discussion Scene Editor Untenable main map editing

Users who are viewing this thread

starting to reach the end of my rope and patience to try and modify the base map for similiar additions as calradia expanded as the editor always Crashes upon saving when using save as function, not to mention numerous RGL assert failures when i try to change anything within terrain, theres not really any guide to look up to either on how to divert these errors from what i've seen from my forum scanning adding to my frustration so i would like to plead for help how to actually start overhaul mapping as clearly the youtube guides are out of date on the matter or just simply ommitting serious issues

Hey, we're working on the world map modding issues. The assertions you face in the editor will also be moved to the console in the editor with a future patch so that they're not popping up and interrupting the workflow.

Hey, we're working on the world map modding issues. The assertions you face in the editor will also be moved to the console in the editor with a future patch so that they're not popping up and interrupting the workflow.
thats nice to hear and all but i kinda just want to start working atleast a little bit, being halted entirely shouldn't be entirely a thing from what i can gather from all the overhauls on mapping side i am just asking how its done with out triggering crash upon save mostly

thats nice to hear and all but i kinda just want to start working atleast a little bit, being halted entirely shouldn't be entirely a thing from what i can gather from all the overhauls on mapping side i am just asking how its done with out triggering crash upon save mostly
@NPC99 may be able to provide some info on the current workarounds.

@Deadliest Income Hello! I was trying the same thing as you over the past weekend and was wondering if you managed to figure it out?

Also, even when starting a map from scratch, importing some of the map prefabs will cause the editor to crash.

@Deadliest Income Hello! I was trying the same thing as you over the past weekend and was wondering if you managed to figure it out?

Also, even when starting a map from scratch, importing some of the map prefabs will cause the editor to crash.
Not Really... i kinda have to prepare the prefabs properly first anyways so it will take a while before i look at the issue more thoroughly

Back
Top Bottom