[Map] Borderlands PW4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Salva said:
Indeed, it would be boring. So, in fact only the Lord of the Whiteforge Faction is an Admin, who can gives the keys to members of the official Whiteforge Merchants Guild.
These are usual players, whose have to make an Application to be accepted. After they are accepted, they can have the keys to the Shops.
And they can role-play as Shop-owner/smith/cloths-maker etc. without being trolled.

You're missing the point - people won't do it because whether they're admins or not (this isn't particularly important) they won't become merchants, because it's really facking boring.

People have different tastes and enjoy this game in different ways.

Still, if you think so fine - your entitled to your own opinion.

bobthe8th said:
Salva said:
Indeed, it would be boring. So, in fact only the Lord of the Whiteforge Faction is an Admin, who can gives the keys to members of the official Whiteforge Merchants Guild.
These are usual players, whose have to make an Application to be accepted. After they are accepted, they can have the keys to the Shops.
And they can role-play as Shop-owner/smith/cloths-maker etc. without being trolled.

You're missing the point - people won't do it because whether they're admins or not (this isn't particularly important) they won't become merchants, because it's really facking boring.

Although your point is valid, there might be a few individuals who would act out those roles. But I somehow doubt this will be achieved consistently.

I don't care if not many ppl run those shops, I have enjoyment in those activities whether I'm alone or not.
The administrative stuff (applying, registering etc) is a hurdle, but it is a good hurdle.
Only those who truly care and are dedicated about it will make the effort of applying, as I did.
For those who don't bother with applications well they got other towns and taverns and shops, they're  free for all.

The shops obviously wont be avaliable 24/7. I dont think anyone beleives that.

The game environment is not dependent on them being always there though. There are plenty of items on the map to buy outside of the shops.

Few people by the very best equipment anyway. May consider it a waste of money. The combat difference between a 40 armour and a 45 armour is pretty small compared to the price difference.

Seeing that most people have no interest into pursuing an economic activity in itself, those who would want the best food& variety, best horses and best armors would know that the whiteforge faction shops are the best place for the realm.
It is also the responsability of the future shop owners to attract people in their shop, and improve the overall RP in the server.
I did it many times, that worked very good and I received a lot of admin acclaim.
a troll free and peaceful faction would make RP activities even more popular in my opinion.

I agree in that it is the merchants impact on the game environment that is crucial.

While most people will not want to be a merchant themselves, there are many (I beleive) who will want to interact with it. Wherether that is a faction wanting a delivery of weapons/food, or simply outlaws wanting to rob them.

you are very right about that :smile: people don't know how many players suddenly starts to RP because you started it in an appropriate environment.
My experience in Rping taught me that a successful RP environment is promoted when you have:
- a proper RP location
- a good initiator
- a basic game play need (food, healing, armors etc) is fulfilled

Indeed. The thing is even people who have no interest in being a serf, crafter, merchant or any of these things nearly always want/enjoy when other people do. For one thing it is pleasant to watch and another to simply be involved and talk to them, observe.

On a more basic level, it is far more interesting as an outlaw to rob cavavans than it is to just halt/tax random people.

yup, most people , except the raging kids, enjoy a relaxing Rping activity once in a while, between wars and randoming, and love when basic game play needs are packaged in a nice RP box.
there is a breed of players, quite rare but I met some of them, that don't give a damn about getting rich and fighting, and devote their entire game time to RP through economy and services interaction.
I say it's about time that servers admin seize this new map possibilities and enroll those players to improve their server.

Well at least one person likes the idea :smile:

There may be more out there that want to but havnt met up with like minded people yet. Some do want direction and organised economic activity.

The rest can can carry on as normal though. The factions can DM and the outlaws can rob and completly ignore it if they choose. noone loses out.

glad to see someone who appreciate this stuff. make sure to get on the Union server, I actually like the Normendy map they run (trying to RP richfield is challenge hehe)

Von Blucher said:
Indeed. The thing is even people who have no interest in being a serf, crafter, merchant or any of these things nearly always want/enjoy when other people do. For one thing it is pleasant to watch and another to simply be involved and talk to them, observe.

On a more basic level, it is far more interesting as an outlaw to rob cavavans than it is to just halt/tax random people.

Honestly... When was the last time you actually saw a caravan in PW.
Every time there is one, it gets robbed. No-one makes caravans any more.

Is it up?
And Bob, I made a mining convoy a few weeks ago- 6 of us, 3 carts, 2 guards travelling from Lazlo mines to Vornneston.

The map will be released when the rules are done.

Here is a reworked version of the  Tour-Video through the map:
(Watch in 1080p and full screen  :wink:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NEv3ckWYHw

Salva said:
The map will be released when the rules are done.

Here is a reworked version of the  Tour-Video through the map:
(Watch in 1080p and full screen  :wink:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NEv3ckWYHw
what texture pack is that?

Back
Top Bottom