Mamluke

Users who are viewing this thread

mamluke.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Aserai Mamluke in this thread.

Perk problems with this class:
-The cavalry mace is absurd looking, it literally clips inside the character while in the armoury. Not to mention, why the hell do they need a mace? They have armour piercing with their lances and spears...
-The first perk slot, you will always be Barding because of how much better horse armour is.
-I'd like to see the "Agile Horse" actually have a marked increase in agility and speed compared to the default. I've tried to see the difference but it's so minimal and I'd rather have Barding and take like 3 extra hits.
-The 2nd perk tree is more varied, you can take bow, spear or lance, but as it stands there is little reason to take the spear as it's shorter and can't be couched
-Maybe swap the lengths on the spear and lance to emphasize the "better against cavalry" trait you stick on the spear

Sorry to double post but I have began to notice a pattern for this unit that might be considered a serious problem. The ability to couch a lance is determined by reaching a certain speed threshold. The thing about the Mamluke is that with Agile Horse he is able to reach that threshold instantly, as soon as he double taps w from full stop. I got a stop on a mamluke last night, after rearing up the rider just double tapped w and instantly restarted his couch, killing the archer I was guarding another 10m down the alley I was in.

I cant imagine this is how cav is intended to be balanced. This interaction perfectly highlighted the problems everyone has with the cav-inf-archer interactions at the moment.

This cav is actually so overpowered. It has the fastest horse in the game (and it's armored), costs less than 200 so snowballs harshly, and it can get a lance that outranges all other cav except for cataphract with kontos. Also, I don't know how true this is, but from my observations it seems like this class' shield covers more than other cavalry units.

This cav is actually so overpowered. It has the fastest horse in the game (and it's armored), costs less than 200 so snowballs harshly, and it can get a lance that outranges all other cav except for cataphract with kontos. Also, I don't know how true this is, but from my observations it seems like this class' shield covers more than other cavalry units.
Druzhinnik is roughly the same. His lance is only 1 point shorter, the horse stats are comparable too. Knight used to be the same until they removed his heavy lance perk.

Captain Mode Perspective: Now that lances are useless, Heavy Cavalry classes such as Mamlukes are extremely niche and are now almost never picked in 1.5. Cavalry Ai units have always been clueless, worthless, liabilities that are better off placed in a corner and only use the captain unit to rambo the enemy team. Cavalry is now only good for distracting already useless Archer units and capturing flags, maybe causing enemy melee units to pull out their spear at the wrong time during a melee fight. But thats all they are good for, the Ai units have no damage output and all cavalry classes are strictly reliant on the Player Captain unit to deal damage.

This is the weakest heavy cavalry in the game and it costs the same as Vlandian knight (best cavalry).
Their armor is almost half of the knight, their lance is shorter with lower damage and horse armor is less as well.

Either decrease its price (which would make sense, since beduins are nomadic peoples and should be able to afford it cheaper) or buff them heavily.

This is the weakest heavy cavalry in the game and it costs the same as Vlandian knight (best cavalry).
Their armor is almost half of the knight, their lance is shorter with lower damage and horse armor is less as well.

Either decrease its price (which would make sense, since beduins are nomadic peoples and should be able to afford it cheaper) or buff them heavily.
As i've mentioned regarding heavy cavalry's rather piss-poor options for self-defense, I wonder if a worthwhile buff would be to make Aserai Heavy Mace a possible upgrade for the Mameluke Saber. Like the Vlandian cavalry sword, the mameluke saber is painfully slow and will only succeed in getting the user killed if they try and use it.

You underestimate the importance of armor, horse armor and health in both threads. And also the length of lances.
I note once again: I am mostly talking about how it is for siege/tdm/battle modes. Aserai is weakest heavy cav on those modes and vlandia is strongest in every aspect. Which doesn't make sense, since aserai has nomadic advantages like khuzaits, they should have stronger or cheaper cavalry units.

Back
Top Bottom