Making battles continue when you die...

Users who are viewing this thread

Mythos

Regular
I figured I'd miss some stuff when I moved on to Warband and lost my old mods, but I'm surprised by what I miss most: the fact that battles wouldn't end when you got knocked out. It's REALLY pissing me off... I've had two villages burn to the ground because a bandit got a lucky javelin in my face with only a few guys left (both times I had 50+ guys left, and the first time there was 5 bandits left and the second time there were 2), and I've lost battles because I died at the last second and had my remaining people butchered as we were shot by crossbows for a couple minutes while we tried to run to the other side of the map.. I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly what I need to change/add to the files to make it so the battles continue while I'm knocked out.

In the mean time, a work around is to just go into edit mode right after you die. You will still get that message that your companions carry you from the field, but the enemy is still dead and you get the loot. This only applies to open field battles though.

Tiberius said:
It should work like it does in multiplayer battles with bots. When you die you take control of a random soldier.

I really like this idea. You shouldn't be able to command the army or anything, but it's still really cool.

Tiberius said:
It should work like it does in multiplayer battles with bots. When you die you take control of a random soldier.
I agree. Please somebody do it, and you will have all our love and gratitude.  :smile:

Tiberius said:

I love this idea but it would be more fitting if it was limited to companions.

maybe someone that understand, can take the multyplayer moudle system code, which enable you to switch to bots death, and transfer this to SP.

Back
Top Bottom