Make Old School Servers for battle mode and Warband gear customization

Users who are viewing this thread

And let the competitive pretentious players play "skirmish" or whatever on the normal servers while we others have fun on the "old school" servers that have both battle mode and original Warband customization. Then everyone is happy?

A fair deal, innit?

Being a pretentious person, I like Bannerlord's system more than Warband's and I'm looking forward to it.
Old reasonable me was having fun playing Warband until he started being active on this forum. At which point the pretentiousness of its users rubbed off on him.
Now we're stuck with unfun pretentious Noudelle.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Literally no "competitive pretentious" players asked for the perks and lack of gear selection, or skirmish, in fact when it was first announced we all were against it.  :lol:
Indeed, I know the skirmish mode and class-based system are being described as for competitive players but a lot of us are not happy with them. Personally I want a high degree of customization  available (ie, more than Warband offered) as I think it's vital for the multiplayer side's success and longevity in today's games market. I know many others in the competitive community feel the same ?

GiipaGips said:
And let the competitive pretentious players play "skirmish" or whatever on the normal servers while we others have fun on the "old school" servers that have both battle mode and original Warband customization. Then everyone is happy?

A fair deal, innit?

Yes, played Battle for 5 years, now I want Skirmish. No.

[SOTR] Roy said:
Unnecessary changes that nobody asked for in the name of adding “new” features. This is why age of empires 3 was a bomb whereas 2 is a classic.
I never asked for these changes. Doesn't mean they're bad.
I really like the changes. I think it will lead to a less chaotic, more cohesive multiplayer experience than Warband's armies of clowns running around naked with 16 javelins.

I think they’re bad because it limits creativity and customized play. If people want to run around with javelins they should be able to, if that’s how they want to play let them play that way. All this does is limit possibilities which limits the amount of enjoyable playtime for people, especially hose who want to play differently than the predetermined rules taleworlds sets.

[SOTR] Roy said:
I think they’re bad because it limits creativity and customized play. If people want to run around with javelins they should be able to, if that’s how they want to play let them play that way. All this does is limit possibilities which limits the amount of enjoyable playtime for people, especially hose who want to play differently than the predetermined rules taleworlds sets.
If TW are going for a more grounded and authentic medieval setting, which they are, then naked guys with javelins are not conducive to that.

It limits creativity sure, at the benefit of a more balanced and cohesive experience.

Damn I like how this new system could work for cooperation but I really miss being able to multi-task selecting whatever the hell I wanted

[SOTR] Roy said:
If people want to run around naked with javelins, they can do so in casual modes, because it is simply not a viable strategy in any sort of legitimate competitive play. In my experience, the good players always ran the same old boring 2h sword loadout, which is why I find it odd that it's the old competitive players (mostly) who are against this system, but the casual naked javelin-men who are accepting of it...

I believe OP came off on the wrong foot calling people "competitive pretentious players" but the post's idea is truly not bad.

How did they get this horrible idea to remove customization seriously? As a MP player I am dealing with utter disappointment. What made me like M&B at first was precisely customization, and now it's gone. I'm starting to lose interest in that game honestly.

Al-Mansūr said:
How did they get this horrible idea to remove customization seriously? As a MP player I am dealing with utter disappointment. What made me like M&B at first was precisely customization, and now it's gone. I'm starting to lose interest in that game honestly.
Precisely. I don’t know why people defend this, they are asking the game to be more limited rather than more accessible. It would be like people celebrating that now a company makes 2 types of cars instead of 4 because “the 2 are better”. What about the people who like the cancelled ones???

[SOTR] Roy said:
Al-Mansūr said:
Precisely. I don’t know why people defend this, they are asking the game to be more limited rather than more accessible. It would be like people celebrating that now a company makes 2 types of cars instead of 4 because “the 2 are better”. What about the people who like the cancelled ones???
No one is saying that Warband's system should not make a return. I enjoy it as it is despite my problems with it, and I imagine I'd like to play it in Bannerlord sometimes in the future.
Frankly I think it's a major mistake by TW not to include it. I personally don't think it's a great system, but I can see the appeal and why some are upset that it seems to be gone.

BUT

If I had to choose between the two options, I'd go with Bannerlord's system any time.

[SOTR] Roy said:
Al-Mansūr said:

It's a mystery. Probably over enthusiastic people.

Noudelle said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
Al-Mansūr said:
No one is saying that Warband's system should not make a return. I enjoy it as it is despite my problems with it, and I imagine I'd like to play it in Bannerlord sometimes in the future.
Frankly I think it's a major mistake by TW not to include it. I personally don't think it's a great system, but I can see the appeal and why some are upset that it seems to be gone.

BUT

If I had to choose between the two options, I'd go with Bannerlord's system any time.
The only way you could have both is if there is an option to choose which mode to put on, which is fine. I’m just saying it shouldn’t be the only one, or even the default.

I mean the system is there for balance, so players dont get slaughter further into the battle. And if you dont like it? There will more than likely be mods that'll allow you to play such, we all know what this community is like...  :lol:

I actually really liked the snowball effect, especially when playing against it. Some of the best moments I remember from Warband were "overcoming the odds" and defeating overconfident, fully kitted out players by having a better strategy.

More often than not, the snowball effect had less to do with money and more to do with the skill of the players, or the faction choices, or the map starting locations (or a mix of them). All of those things will still exist in Bannerlord, only now there won't be the expansive equipment options that allow for dirty counter-strats to counter the people that were ahead. Obviously people will be able to change their play up, but this just makes things harder, near as I can tell. Hopefully the "perk" option is more expansive than I think it is.

Back
Top Bottom