SP - General Make bandits actually spawn for bandit kill quests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Both Random City and the Main Quest have bandit kill quests, where supposedly bandits are attacking caravans and harassing the city. However, what actually ends up happening is almost no bandits spawn or not enough within the allotted time. I have wasted hours of gameplay and months of in-game days running around a specific city looking for the "Bandits", that are supposed to be harassing the area, only to have the quest fail because not enough of the type needed actually spawn in the area. With the main quest, I have only had one unit spawn in the required area and I had this quest 4 times. It is especially annoying when you are in the middle of a war, trying to siege cities and castles, and are called away to deal with bandits that never spawn.

The bandit quests definitely need work.

1. The late game versions of the quest are laughably bad - "chase down 23 bandit parties!" or some nonsense, "with your giant, slow army!" It's always a skipper unless you can find a huge bandit camp that has enough parties in it to count.
2. Ideally, TW should program it so that the game knows once the "area" you're trying to 'make safe' is actually bandit-free. Once it's clear, you get credit, whether you personally wiped them out or not.
3. If not that, then simplify it to "kill or capture X number of bandits/brigands/looters." This could be done by attacking parties, or attacking a bandit camp, and the area-restrictions should be greatly loosened. If the local village CAN'T TELL that there are no more bandits in an area, then I shouldn't be restricted to only hunting bandits in that area.
4. "Rescue my friend" and "clear the bandit camp" could still be separate quests, as those work just fine.
5. You should be able to stack the bandit-kill quests. It's logical, and it's fun to get 'double-duty' for your quest effort.
6. On a somewhat separate note, it'd be nice to be able to designate a clan party as bandit police. They'd stay small, fast, lethal, wouldn't join armies, and patrol around your territory keeping it clear.

The bandit quests definitely need work.

1. The late game versions of the quest are laughably bad - "chase down 23 bandit parties!" or some nonsense, "with your giant, slow army!" It's always a skipper unless you can find a huge bandit camp that has enough parties in it to count.
2. Ideally, TW should program it so that the game knows once the "area" you're trying to 'make safe' is actually bandit-free. Once it's clear, you get credit, whether you personally wiped them out or not.
3. If not that, then simplify it to "kill or capture X number of bandits/brigands/looters." This could be done by attacking parties, or attacking a bandit camp, and the area-restrictions should be greatly loosened. If the local village CAN'T TELL that there are no more bandits in an area, then I shouldn't be restricted to only hunting bandits in that area.
4. "Rescue my friend" and "clear the bandit camp" could still be separate quests, as those work just fine.
5. You should be able to stack the bandit-kill quests. It's logical, and it's fun to get 'double-duty' for your quest effort.
6. On a somewhat separate note, it'd be nice to be able to designate a clan party as bandit police. They'd stay small, fast, lethal, wouldn't join armies, and patrol around your territory keeping it clear.
Exactly, but the worst is the Main Quest where the "Conspiracy" is supposedly flooding the area with a specific bandit type, and only killing that type "Mountain Bandit, Looter, Sea Bandit, etc." counts towards the goal. Then you go there and there is nothing, not a single bandit of that type. I have failed every single one of the Main Quest bandit hunts.

+1
Also, TW should leave you the option to hang the bandits, a sequence with bandits hanging on a tree would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom