SP - General Make armour reduce death-risk for charachters

Users who are viewing this thread

I´d like to to see armour-tier count when calculating whether a fallen charachter dies or not.

The main factors could be Age and Armour-tier.

Armour-tier is calculated as a medium of all armourslots. I want a formula that gives a fallen 20 year old lord with T6 gear a risk of about 0,5% and a 65 years old lord with T3 gear a risk around 7%.

The same risk for simulated and scenario- battles.

Some other suggestions to balance deathrisk:

Low Clan-tier decreases death-risk
Low-tier clans has a discount. I want the player-clan to survive the start and get a chance to get proper gear for famillymembers and companions before they die off. Famillymembers/companions to a T0-T1 clan with some armour(even T1) should suffer an extremly low death-risk. Who wants the player to avoid thrilling battles in a MB game?! -60% for a T0, lowering the discount 10% for each tier ending at 0% at T6 maybe?

AI clan Gear upgrades and downgrades
A fallen loosing lord, that has passed the death-risk above, suffers a risk of losing gear- parts. It´s replaced with one simelar gearpart one item-tier below(T3 minumun).

A victorious lord has a chance of upgrading thier items. A lord with crap-T3 gear upgrades several while a lord with T4-5 gear upgrades fewer. A high-tier clan members upgrades more.

This gives winning or loosing battles a bigger impact for AI.

Make AI charachters not commanded by the player value their life
Summon them late in battle, make them escape if loosing. Make them play by their brave/craven traits abit. Make AI aware of their mortality and consider it in their decisions.

Give player a "Camp-followers" tactical group for charachters only that summons last, escaping the field(With some risk of beeing chased up/killed, IE they don't escape towards closest exit.)

Player Caravan-leaders has a flat -50% to deathrisk

I don't want them to be the loosers in this equation. It´s hard to bring value and profit to caravans as is.

+makes sense
+ gives emphasis in gearing up companions before making them ''lords''
+gives a sense of progress/descent to lords as they become more/less successful in their battles (struggling factions with poor armor, strong factions with lordly armor)
+ Makes defeating a lord more meaningful
+It's noob friendly, even a new player should understand that going naked into battle is suicide
- Favors snowballing

+makes sense
+ gives emphasis in gearing up companions before making them ''lords''
+gives a sense of progress/descent to lords as they become more/less successful in their battles (struggling factions with poor armor, strong factions with lordly armor)

This is exactly the benefits I want to reap!

+ Makes defeating a lord more meaningful

Yes, even if it only means the defeated lord stand a slightly bigger risk both to fall and die next time he falls.

+It's noob friendly, even a new player should understand that going naked into battle is suicide

Players - and especially new player - should have a chance to learn to know their family and companions before they start dying of for them.

- Favors snowballing

I agree, lords dying around the map due to repeately falling reducing their gear-tier has a bad effect towards snowballing. But consider the other way, they open up death in simulated battles(It has to be done in some way! It can't happen only in player battles!) to a fixed rate - together with some fix to AI that make them more carefull and we would get a somewhat simelar result when/if mainly lords of the loosing party falls.

There are other ways to counter AI snowballing due to low lord-count.
  • New clans(AI rulers can spawn a T2 clan with 3 adult members and a few children. They lack in both skill and armour.)
  • Clan refill(some kind of companions/leutenants to AI clans that lacks famuillymembers.)
I don't think factions should die due to low party-count(or lack of lords to lead them) but rather to the quality of this parties. There are allqas men to award a knighthood! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom