Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for the lack of info over the last few months. I've been working hard to get this ready for January, meaning most of the work is buxfixing/scripting and is hard to show. I'll have some things to show in an hour or so -- I'm currently testing out some new features ingame. :wink:

jacobhinds said:
Sorry for the lack of info over the last few months. I've been working hard to get this ready for January, meaning most of the work is buxfixing/scripting and is hard to show. I'll have some things to show in an hour or so -- I'm currently testing out some new features ingame. :wink:
Yayy!!! :mrgreen:

(Click to resize)

New/Redone Models:
wANgT.jpg
vcgDV.png
HZhsQ.jpg
13fbW.png
wEttC.jpg
hF2Sq.jpg

Art:
7H90m.jpg
Ll04C.jpg
4E-H7.jpg
concept_art_battle_thing_by_axiaterraartunion-d7ys4vl.jpg

Screenshots:
AMaCe.jpg
AKMkj.jpg
Dfax8.jpg
ag__t.jpg
1gKgl.jpg
tNS3D.jpg

Alright lads 'n' lasses, here's a scene preview for all of you. The scene is finished aside from the AI mesh, I might add some small detail (Infact now that I think of it, I forgot to add my signature there), but otherwise all done. Let me walk you through it.

Here we see the overview of the village. As you can see, the village is themed in a mediterranean fashion, it's going to be a generic scene used for a bunch of villages so you'll be seeing it a lot.
uHUGW.png

When attacking, there will be no ladders, defenders will spawn just outside the walls, for a few reasons:
1. When the defenders are led by AI, if they were spawned inside the walls, they'd sally out, through the bridge, creating a killing zone for themselves, and I dont want that.
2. When the defenders are led by the player, they have the option of falling back inside the walls, taking a calculated risk of turning your back on the enemy while on the bridge, but resulting in a nice shooting gallery setup when the attackers charge through the bridge.
3. More tactical option for the player when defending. Either fall back, stand your ground of attack.
KsCTt.png

Around the village, there are many smaller estates, for the workers farming the fields around the village. Wheat fields mostly, but as seen here grapes are grown aswell, to supply the winery inside the village. The farm patches are surrounded by fences, and are inaccessible.
SdTY8.png
1Y3iw.png
qJGwg.png

While the walls defend the village from the front, the river block the rest. Companied by a small dock and riverfront defenses, the water carries tradeships aswell.
kGqhc.png
-qH0u.png

Outskirts of the village are covered in forests and hills. No real reason to go out there, maybe you can manouver your troops there if you have mobile cavalry or such.
9g2yL.png

And a birdseye view of the whole scene.
haxjp.png

Any questions, suggestions, go ahead and ask. I might make a version of this scene without the walls, for more variety, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom