Main server response ERROR

Users who are viewing this thread

peppe

Recruit
So I have been having this issue with Warband now for several days. I can only load in a few servers that are in my favorites, under the internet tab I find no servers at all. I have been researching about this issue now and nothing helps. The tip I always get is change Use_safe_connections from 1 to 0. But it still won't work. I have tried on my normal internet and my mobile one. I have re-installed the game and verified the game cache. In the rgl_log file I found a message saying: Main server response:  ERROR .  So yeah I have no idea what to do.

Any tips or solutions are appreciated!

Windows:

[list type=decimal]
[*]WINDOWS + R
[*]cmd.exe and press ENTER
[*]Input 'ping warbandmain.taleworlds.com' and press ENTER
[/list]

Linux:

[list type=decimal]
[*]CTRL + ALT + T (terminal)
[*]Input 'ping warbandmain.taleworlds.com'
[/list]

I am thinking about a misconnection between you and the Main TaleWorlds's server.
It would be due to the fact I believe TaleWorlds recently changed their host for the main server.
The output you should get should be as follow:

c486cc78f09e0ae8504ecdd2909564a3.png

In the case you wouldn't have this IP returned, you would have to follow these instructions:

Windows:

Edit the file 'C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts', input '190.93.250.142 warbandmain.taleworlds.com'.
In order to work, it might require admin privileges on your notepad, you might also need to restart your computer.

Linux:

Open a terminal and input 'nano /etc/hosts', add a line '190.93.250.142 warbandmain.taleworlds.com' and you should be ready to go.
For this, the changes should be instantly applied.

P.S: I actually never got hosts changes working on Windows (only Linux), so if you need more informations on how to proceed, you might want to look over there.

Edit: Doing the Windows hosts changes worked after a server restart.

Well... I tried this fix, it did not help me with the "Unable to connect to server" Error. I have tried all the forum fixes as well. So sad... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom