Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

dizzy_plays

Recruit
Hi,

I think there may be something wrong with my game's main quest. I served as a mercenary for a while (for Southern Empire), then left their kingdom (which should mean I was independent at that point, right?), then walked up to an Aserai lord and attacked them which initiated war between my clan and the (now weakened Aserai because of me helping the Southern Empire push towards them), then I sieged and conquered one of the Aserai towns, then I sued for peace, then I established my own kingdom (thus was able to do all of this without breaking vassalage with some other faction). After a while I took some imperial holdings too so now I own both imperial and non-imperial fiefs. I seem to have all the main quest requirements except for the clan independence one which I have no idea what it asks of me and how to fix this issue.

I never installed any mods so this sounds like a bug in the vanilla game. Note that I started playing on 1.5.2 stable and upgraded to 1.5.3 stable when that got released.

Hi, thanks for the link. I think I uploaded it, I'm not 100% sure because the upload UI seems to behave weird, after selecting the file to upload and putting in the text, including a link to this thread and then clicking "Upload" it said "Upload aborted" but then a few seconds later it cleared the text I entered and said "file uploaded successfully" so here's hoping that's the case. Anyway, let me know if I should retry to upload it, thanks.

Hello, i have received your file and will forward it to the QA team for further inspection. Thank you for reporting it in. Although, we had a user with same problem before and turns out they were a vassal for a nation already. So, please make sure that you are still not a mercenary or a vassal for any nations.

Just wanted to give an update on this: although the journal/quest screen did show that I was missing the "be an independent clan" condition, I was able to complete the quest without any trouble when I walked up to the quest giver and reported in so I now got the next quest in line "unify the empire". So it appears that whatever the issue is, it's only a "display" issue on the journal rather than actually blocking the quest progression.

I've been struggling with this issue for a while and rather late to the party, but decided to check if it was a known issue or not and found this thread. I've had the issue with all the beta versions up to 1.5.6 (at least the ones I stuck with to this point). I was also able to go to the quest giver and report that I had an independent kingdom and the next step in the process, "unify the empire" was given.

This last run through, E1.5.6 I actually established my own kingdom (wtihout becoming a vassal of any kingdom first), before my initial conversations with Istania and the character in Marnauth.

Back
Top Bottom