Mafia III - Release Date: October 7, 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Corndawg

Grandmaster Knight
It was confirmed last year, but 2K just released a trailer and other info.

https://mafiagame.com
Release Date: October 7, 2016

It's 1968
and the rules have changed.

After years of combat in Vietnam, Lincoln Clay knows this truth: family isn’t who you’re born with, it’s who you die for. Now back home in New Bordeaux, Lincoln is set on escaping a criminal past. But when his surrogate family, the black mob, is betrayed and wiped out by the Italian Mafia, Lincoln builds a new family on the ashes of the old and blazes a path of military-grade revenge through those responsible. Intense gun fights, visceral hand-to-hand combat, white knuckle driving and street smarts will all be needed. But with the right crew, tough decisions and some dirty hands, it’s possible to make it to the top of the city's underworld.
New Bordeaux
A Reimagined 1968 New Orleans

A vast, diverse and seedy open world ruled by the mob and corrupt officials and richly detailed with the sights, sounds and emotionally-charged social atmosphere of the era.
An Unintended and Lethal Anti-Hero
latest
Be Lincoln Clay, an orphan and Vietnam veteran hell bent on revenge against the Italian Mafia for the brutal slaughter of the black mob, the closest thing to family he’s ever had.
Revenge Your Way
Choose your own personal play-style, from brute force and blazing guns to stalk-and-kill tactics as you use Lincoln's military training and gathered intel to tear down the Italian Mafia.
A New Family on the Ashes of the Old
Build a new criminal empire in your own unique way by deciding which of your lieutenants you reward and which you betray...
Vito Scaletta will be returning as an ally as well.
latest
In 1968 - seventeen years after killing Carlo Falcone - a 43-year-old Vito is now residing in New Bordeaux and teams up with Lincoln Clay along with Cassandra and Burke for control of the city when a powerful crime lord has control over them. Much of Vito's life since 1951 is yet to be specified, but it has been revealed that he has since served another stint in prison and now lives a mundane, shabby life, working in a fish restaurant overlooking the city's marina.

Ah, I was going to post this! I'm really excited about this, I remember how special the first Maffia felt to me back in the day! Maffia II was good as well!

And the trailer looks good!

The reason that I liked Mafia was that it was trying to be about as realistic as a third person open world game could be at the time.
Mafia 2 was a streamlined casual version of that game. And based on that trailer, Mafia 3 is more of the same.

For some reason, I'm not surprised that the awkward weapon animations are still used. Why polish something when it's the title you're selling.

Perhaps they will, if we are lucky, include revolutionary features such as allowing the player to shoot out of a car whilst driving, or even a free ride mode. A what mode, I hear you ask? Bear with me, this is pretty radical; there would be a separate mode to the story where you can drive around the map in cars, some of which you won't be able to have in your garage until you have done certain missions in the story mode. You come across gangsters who you can shoot at and start getting chased and shot at by. It would be a great way to unwind and have some quick sandbox action when you wanted a break from the story mode. You can select day or night cycles, change the weather, alter the level of police activity and how much traffic and pedestrians there are. You can even venture out of the city, into a large rural map. Having shoot outs with cops and gangsters, speeding through city streets and hurtling along twisting country roads. Imagine!  :shock:

Who am I kidding, that idea is just a pipe dream. Maybe they will just let us play the game this time instead of giving us an interactive movie with driving bits in between. Surely that isn't too much to expect...  :sad:

I honestly don't think it'll be as good as the previous games. This one is more "actiony" with more stuff that explodes. Not your typical Italian mafia type of game, which removed a lot of my hype for the game. I'll be keeping an eye on it though, but my expectations for this game are not high.

Adorno said:
Norwegian said:
... more stuff that explodes...
They probably picked all the explosion scenes for the trailer.
In earlier gameplay videos, every car was definitely made of explodium, they went up in flames the moment they flipped over.

Still, I think it'll be fun and I hope it has more depth to it than Mafia II. The Whole racket thing reminds me of the Godfather games, the second one specially. That was an interesting feature.

Mafia 2 was one of the few story driven games I've actually finished in the last 4-5 years. Will probably be buying, might wait for a sale though.

I've only played mafia 1 for ps2, which I hear is **** compared to the pc version, but it was still decent. I hope by now the melee combat is actually playable.

Back
Top Bottom