(MacBookPro) Stuck at 128 MB GPU Limit

Users who are viewing this thread

Fourust

Recruit
Greetings! I have just installed Windows 10 via Bootcamp as well as Bannerlord on a ‘18 MacBook Pro. I have activated the operating system as well as updated the graphics and RAM drivers with the obvious reset afterwards. However, after all this my capabilities are limited to 128 MB GPU. I am wondering if there is some troubleshooting I can do to fix this and “unlock” the rest.

Thanks!
Fourust

Greetings! I have just installed Windows 10 via Bootcamp as well as Bannerlord on a ‘18 MacBook Pro. I have activated the operating system as well as updated the graphics and RAM drivers with the obvious reset afterwards. However, after all this my capabilities are limited to 128 MB GPU. I am wondering if there is some troubleshooting I can do to fix this and “unlock” the rest.

Thanks!
Fourust

Are you using integrated graphics?

Sounds like the game doesn't think your graphics card exists.

Next question: Does your graphics card exist? This game will not run on integrated graphics and that's clearly stated in the system requirements.

It seems I am using an integrated graphics card? I honestly have no idea firsthand.

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
(4) Intel Core i5-7267U @ 3.10GHz

@Quiet_Monk

I don’t think I have anything else besides what I listed.

@kreamy

It looks like I need to switch it over in the Video settings according to other postings, unfortunately there is nothing else listed. I am going to try to re-update the drivers for them.

@Quiet_Monk

I don’t think I have anything else besides what I listed.

@kreamy

It looks like I need to switch it over in the Video settings according to other postings, unfortunately there is nothing else listed. I am going to try to re-update the drivers for them.
check if the graphics card is enabled even. I don't know enuf about mac settings, but it may be off by default, so go into system settings or google it real quick. There also might be a software to control your GFX card (useful for keeping drivers up to date, and changing GFX settings etc)

On mac os you can see it from apple menu -> about this mac, under graphics. if you only have integrated graphics i dont think you'll be able to run the game properly.

I have narrowed down the problem to the fact that Bannerlord is not acknowledging the GPU. I am going to try to reinstall the drivers until someone else has another plan.

I’d like to get it above 128MB before I give up! :sad:

Fair, if you used Bootcamp then after installing Windows it should've had a bootcamp installer window appear that should have installed all the windows-equivalents of your hardware drivers. On the Windows side ensure you have have the most up to date driver for your exact graphics hardware, if that fails try running Windows updates. Several restarts may be required.

Let us know how it works, got my fingers crossed for you. When I had everything set up I only had about 1500MB for my graphics, and it just wasn't up to snuff, kept crashing on load. (Granted there have been tons of fixes since then)

Fair, if you used Bootcamp then after installing Windows it should've had a bootcamp installer window appear that should have installed all the windows-equivalents of your hardware drivers. On the Windows side ensure you have have the most up to date driver for your exact graphics hardware, if that fails try running Windows updates. Several restarts may be required.

Let us know how it works, got my fingers crossed for you. When I had everything set up I only had about 1500MB for my graphics, and it just wasn't up to snuff, kept crashing on load. (Granted there have been tons of fixes since then)

Yeah I just tried everything and it’s still showing 128MB. Every bit of the windows detection software shows it being at 8GB’s but Bannerlord just won’t register it. I am going to wait for another patch to see if anything changes. :sad:

Yeah I just tried everything and it’s still showing 128MB. Every bit of the windows detection software shows it being at 8GB’s but Bannerlord just won’t register it. I am going to wait for another patch to see if anything changes. :sad:
should report it to devs in case u havent

Well, you are out of luck. The Intel system graphics use dynamic SYSTEM memory (RAM). It has 64 MB eDRAM.

Does this leave me incompatible with any modern games? Or is just specific games that don’t accept this type?

Edit: I do have 8GB of RAM? 0.o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom