[M] The Deluge - general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

When i try to join any server, it tells me server uses a newer version of Mount & Blade 9.327? wtf is this.
Can someone give a hand?

Lannistark said:
When i try to join any server, it tells me server uses a newer version of Mount & Blade 9.327? wtf is this.
Can someone give a hand?

Did you use the shortcut given on your desktop? If you have removed it from your desktop, you might still be able to find your way into Modules>The Deluge>WSE folder and find the launcher there ("WSELoader" should work, I think).

Semi-offtopic

Congrats on the subforum!

back on the topic of discussion:

Yeah, you have to use the wseloader. If you don't the game won't launch properly

So.. If Star Wars based mod would be the most poplar one, we would be supposed to add lightsabers for hussars, because the most popular mod has them?
If LoTR based mod was the most popular, should we add orks and elves, to copy them?
That's not how it works. One feature might work in one mod, but it will make completely no sense in others.
Lack of possibility to choose your eq in MM mod is a good idea, because in Napoleonic wars you were given your equipment. In The Deluge, it wont work due to REALISM reasons. You want to make mod more realistic by that system, but if it was introduced, mod would be less realistic than it is now.
Do you get it now, or I have to repeat that simple fact over and over again?

I'm talking new systems for the game. Change doesn't always have to be bad. For example you mention the Star Wars mod but that mod actually had a system where you aim with right mouse button and fire with left, such a system would revolutionise fighting in mods with guns. Such a system could also be used in a mod with muskets such as this one.

You really have a lack of vision don't you? Its exactly because of realism that such a system would be better.

Probably going to have to repeat it. Players of MM often see very little beyond that mod cuz it iz tha bestest. 

MM is one of my least played mods. I mostly play Vikingr(your mod) and cRPG actually. I'm simply seeing a feature that would work for a mod aiming to be accurate and suggest it. Which has nothing to do with being a player of MM.

It is weird, really. Firstly, we hear: ,,It's another mm mod, you made it exactly the same'', and then ,,You should make it moar mm mod-ish.'' That's a tough decision. 

I thought this mod was aiming to be historically accurate and realistic. So I'm making suggestions for that. So why be a asswhipe about it?

Phalanx300 said:
I thought this mod was aiming to be historically accurate and realistic. So I'm making suggestions for that. So why be a asswhipe about it?
You're making a suggestion, that in case of The deluge would be a total opposition for realism. As stated before, this system works well with MM mod, because it's placed in different time and place. It do not fit The Deluge even a little bit.

I haven't seen any arguments from your side besides: Boohoo MM is bad just becuzz. While I already said in this thread why such a system would in fact work for a mod like this.

Then you must've not read my posts.

Why can't we choose our eq in MM mod? That's obvious, because soldiers were given their rifles and uniforms.
Why can we choose our eq in The Deluge? Because soldiers had to buy or get their eq by themselves. No one gave them their rifles, their clothes. They had to get it. That's why current system fits The Deluge perfectly, while MM mod one is completely inappropriate. I see no reason why would my eq here be random or set "by something". There were no strict uniforms back then.

Do you get it now, or I have to explain it again?

KuroiNekouPL said:

Why can't we choose our eq in MM mod? That's obvious, because soldiers were given their rifles and uniforms.
Why can we choose our eq in The Deluge? Because soldiers had to buy or get their eq by themselves. No one gave them their rifles, their clothes. They had to get it. That's why current system fits The Deluge perfectly, while MM mod one is completely inappropriate. I see no reason why would my eq here be random or set "by something". There were no strict uniforms back then.

Gówno prawda, zwłaszcza w krajach  zachodnich (Szwecja też). Ale nie będę ci się w dyskusję wcinał :wink:

sir Luca said:
KuroiNekouPL said:

Gówno prawda, zwłaszcza w krajach  zachodnich (Szwecja też). Ale nie będę ci się w dyskusję wcinał :wink:

Please stick to English or at least provide an English translation.

Phalanx300 said:
I haven't seen any arguments from your side besides: Boohoo MM is bad just becuzz. While I already said in this thread why such a system would in fact work for a mod like this.

He indeed lacks your vision. 

Stop forcing your opinion on everybody. The system works. Everybody likes it. You don't. Problem?

KuroiNekouPL said:

Yes they had to supply their equipment. Which ment that they looked random in appearance. With the current system that can't be achieved however with the MM system that can be possible.

I need to explain it again?

Back
Top Bottom