[M] Shot and Shell *Outdated thread*

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Job on the maps.

Further note, production on the mod will slow down- due to me going on vacation for a while. I will do a little coding while I'm away, and I will be on the forums to answer questions and what not, but for the most part I'm going to lounge my lazy ass on the beach.

I have holidays first in 3 weeks. Then I drive to croatia for 3 weeks in a hotel. So I will make maps in these 3 weeks.

when will the new version with custom modelscome out? i would like to fool around with some of the new custom scene props  :razz:

A screenshot of the mod :

iq55ttnmlkrv.jpg

i made sig so people can show their support

just copy and paste this code into your signatures
Code:
[IMG]https://tw.greywool.com/i/BYWAi.jpg[/IMG]

and the sig is displayed here:
BYWAi.jpg

romandude said:
i made sig so people can show their support

just copy and paste this code into your signatures
Code:
[IMG]https://tw.greywool.com/i/BYWAi.jpg[/IMG]

and the sig is displayed here:
BYWAi.jpg

Thanks for your support. But I think it would look better ,if you would use the whole picture (with the Oberst on the left) and write Shot & Shell at the top.

While I've been on vacation, I've been discussing with a large aptitude of people about some ideas I have been having. I do believe I am pretty set on what I am going to do. Some of you may like it, some of you may not. It is basically conveying the idea I was having with this mod (Gunpowder units, that still had a large emphasis on melee), just presented in a much more radical manner.

Something to note about this message before you send me hatemail and fling monkey **** at me; I am not quitting this mod. It has come to the point in development to where once I have models/textures, it takes a matter of a day of coding to implement a faction. So, production of a Historically Accurate 18th Century Europe Warfare mod is still underway, it will just be slow to patching (patching from now on will refer to adding the netherland :p )

So what am I getting at here? Well. I am saying I am beginning work on a new mod, which will be my staple focus point for as long as I mod Warband. I have the same Idea in mind, which would be a Gunpowder mod with an emphasis on melee, however it is completely fictional. The mod will me Multiplayer, and is set in a neighboring region of Calradia. The whole plot is the region's two main powers are just now being introduced to the "modern" ideals and weaponry, and due to massive change and reforms, have entered war.

The whole reason for me making a fictional setting mod is because it is a lot more fun (in my opinion), and gives a chance for the community to have a hand in production of the mod itself. For example, I have been making the background for the first faction, "The Pintish Confederacy". And here is what I have so far:
"The Pintish Confederation is one of the two main powers in the region. For a Period of time, the 'Pints' focused on the modernization of it's maritime armadas, leaving the land army plenty to catch up on in comparison to it's rival faction.
The Uniform of the Pintish Army is a dark blue greatcoat, with grey pants (the color of the pant's pinstripes varies depending on province regiment is based in). Pintish Marine Infantry Battalions are issued plain white pants, and sport a plain Black Shako with gold cockade, with a single white feather stuck to the top rim on the right. Guard Infantry sport the standard Infantry greatcoat, grey pants, and a black shako with dark blue plume in the front center."
As said before, the glory of the idea is we can, well, do as we damn well please with the uniforms, history, language, etc.

(I haven't drawn up the second faction yet, as I am drawing a few concept drafts of the Pintish in order to commission someone to model them {Im sure you all know by now my lack of modeling/texturing skill} I do know that the second faction is under the influence of the Swadian Empire, and in-game will have an extra unit called "Swadian Marine Infantry", which will be expeditionary units sent to aid in the war by Swadia - however I am leaving, for the most part, the culture of this faction to be fleshed out by you, the community)

Again I can't stress how I am not quitting this mod. It is just in such a late stage that all I need is models to release the netherlands- and therefore my side of it is done until I get/find said models.

*drops the monkey *****

Yeah, good luck.

Are you planning to set the mod's time in a certain period within the 18th century, or do you still want to keep it more 'stretched out'?
As far as I know, the melee was more important in battles during the 1700s than later; From about the 7 years' war onward, firepower became more and more important in battle, altough melee had still a big role in it.

(During the 1700s most countries still had Pikemen in their armies, most notably Russia and Sweden, but they were disbanded quickly after those years.)

Yeah, one of the main reasons for me switching focus was because there are a lot of other mods that have the same period in mind. And since the mod is set in a fictional time period, I don't know the date- but it will have similar weaponry to this mod's 1700s muskets and etc, however it will have uniforms similar to the early 1800s (Shakos and etc.).

im afraid that i am going to work on other projects and will not be able to map for this, however i will be following the mod closely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom