M&B:Warband - A possible Real-time co-op Campaign Online?

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I’ve read the discussion’s about battle-time mod, and took a look at the global campaign mod(witch I think it’s a interesting idea, but different that the idea I have in mind). I noticed the discussion about the problem with 2 players controlling their own army in a Campaign map. Where if one person moving around the map, and another person in battle, the battle can take days or weeks to finish. But I thought was that it was fine even with the long-time battles, since it will be much more realistic and would probably make sense after seeing the battles of AI’s taking a while, if watched without interfering/joining the battle, sometimes you see other lords pass by and possibly assist the ongoing battle.

I did see that Bannerlord might implement this kind of feature but, I cannot be so sure that they would do it or not, with Bannerlord having a uncertain release date, not even alpha nor beta.

In a short and simple conclusion I feel that the real-time online co-op campaign could be possible. Now since I’m not a modder and might not have good knowledge of Mount and Blade:Warband, I hope that this thread will inspire modders to make this kind of mod.

It was tried several times and the nearest one was battle-time the other ones weren't. There once was a project but as far as I know it was abandoned cause time lack and because the dev did realize that the engine is not really able to handle that.

I mean somehow it is possible I guess with external injection of software. Also: It is too late. Warband is an old game and slowly loosing more and more people. Such mod would be a waste of time imo.

Back
Top Bottom