M&B V 1.011 ONLY (ORIGINAL VERSION) - Prophesy of Pendor V 3.0 Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_m845 said:
just stumbled over a little bug. got a map for the mines but sadly cant get there. http://img411.imageshack.us/g/mb1t.png/ seems to be the placement of the location, you cant get there from any side.

Noted, likely a bug.
Workaround: if you know how, open module.ini and expand the map borders a little

saxondragon said:
Maximillian_Returns said:
Hi there,

I noticed that there is a POP3 Stability Pack.rar in the folder... just curious, is there some info on what this does and how it is used? Is it for 64 bit OS? I have Windows 7 and I read there were some performance problems on newer systems due to the M&B engine?

Yes.  Some, but not all (We do not know why), 64 bit users were experiencing crashes.  Mad Vader created a stability pack that changes key files  (The text files) of the game so that performance is optimized over graphics.  We removed many textures and additional scenes from this pack in order to circumvent the 64 bit issues.

We discussed at length this move and realize that it is a bandaid and not a true solution.  But since we do not have the resources or ability to reach into the engine code, then we will have to settle for this solution in the M&B environment.

The Good news is that the engine for Warband does not have these issues... so when we release there for PoP3.0, it will have everything.  That is a few months out however.

To use the Pack:
Back up your text files and folders.
copy the files and folders in this pack OVER the existing POP install.
That is it.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Thanks SD and MadVader! Just to report I played about 5-6 hours so far and only two CTD's, both when triggering large battles - its been fine since I lowered my graphic settings  :smile:

MadVader said:
Joe_m845 said:
just stumbled over a little bug. got a map for the mines but sadly cant get there. http://img411.imageshack.us/g/mb1t.png/ seems to be the placement of the location, you cant get there from any side.

Noted, likely a bug.
Workaround: if you know how, open module.ini and expand the map borders a little

nah wasnt a problem with the map borders, its definitly the placement of the mines there, you cant reach them. you get close but not close enough. workaround: just buy another map and the mines change the location.

EDIT: btw dont know if it is just me, but with the stability patch the polished plate boots are using the wrong mesh. i fixed it for me so no big deal here but anyways worth noticing.

About 99% sure this is a me problem, but when using Vista 64-bit, I've experienced twice a problem where my monitor just shuts down in the middle of the game (not even in a battle). Tried the compatibility pack, that didn't seem to do it. I'm running a quadcore at 2.4ghz with a nvidia 9600gs. I just installed updated drivers, and we'll see if that does the trick.

Found another typo. When Sheik Shalavan's army forms you are given the message that "Sheik Shalavan have united the Desert warriors...", should say he "has' united them.

Galagros said:
Found another typo. When Sheik Shalavan's army forms you are given the message that "Sheik Shalavan have united the Desert warriors...", should say he "has' united them.

Thank you.. we missed that one!

Best,

Saxondragon

So the game keeps crashing with the aforementioned RGL error - Unable to restore vertex buffer while trying to join a siege at Knudarr Castle, and also randomly elsewhere outside of battle.

I'm guessing since I'm running this on an OC'd i5-750 and a 5850 that the issue is Win7 x64 right? My only choice is to install the low quality fix pack?

Good morning

First i want say that POP is the best mod for M&B

In POP 3 I found a serious problem
I can not create saleron knights
In trop tree i have only option to create man at arms from saleron fotman
Please help

Elem7 said:
So the game keeps crashing with the aforementioned RGL error - Unable to restore vertex buffer while trying to join a siege at Knudarr Castle, and also randomly elsewhere outside of battle.

I'm guessing since I'm running this on an OC'd i5-750 and a 5850 that the issue is Win7 x64 right? My only choice is to install the low quality fix pack?

First try running your game with Battle Size 100, Corpses 0, Ragdolls 0. If that doesn't help, go for the pack.
The Stability Pack doesn't make POP stuff "low-quality", it removes some extra surcoats, shields and the new D'Shar villages, and changes how they look. You might even not notice the difference, except for the crashes.
You can reload your old savegame after applying the Pack.

mithos11 said:
Good morning

Please help

You can't upgrade a Sarleon Recruit all the way to Sarleon Knight anymore. There are two separate troop trees now, one for common recruits, one for Nobles.
You need Sarleon Nobles to upgrade to Sarleon Knights. You can get these as prisoners in battles or, if you have your own kingdom, and you chose the Sarleon culture, from your towns and castles.
Read the FAQ on Noble Recruits.

How i get my companions to stay my party  :?:
please help    i don´t want they leave me  :cry:

Why they leave  :?:  This is f::::ing stupid  :twisted:
My playing stop here    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why :?: :shock:  Why :?: :shock:  Why :?: :shock:

Limppa said:
How i get my companions to stay my party  :?:
please help    i don´t want they leave me  :cry:

Why they leave  :?:  This is f::::ing stupid  :twisted:
My playing stop here    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why :?: :shock:  Why :?: :shock:  Why :?: :shock:

probably they dislike each other?! overuse of smileys wont help much btw.

MadVader said:
Joe_m845 said:

Noted, likely a bug.

There is a cleaner workaround for this one, try approaching the mines from a different direction (e.g. from the back). Might not work for everyone.
Only the deep desert location have this problem.

mithos11 said:
Good morning

Please help

There is your answer right from the FAQ.

1) Knights are hard to come by, now. They derive only from Noble Recruits, who are spawned periodically by towns, villages and castles owned by you. To find out whether you have Noble Recruits, ask your steward. These Noble Recruits can be leveled up to Knights of their particular faction. (The "pimp your knights" exploitable loophole is now gone.) Annoyed Knighthood Orders may spawn Knights who, if you are on bad terms with their Order, will attack you or raid your caravans. If you sufficiently annoy a Knighthood Order in your domain, the Order may also decide to leave. Some Knighthood Orders are not on good terms with the other Knighthood Orders, which can affect you in interesting ways. Orders that don't like you will fight against you, too. You must already have a training ground, or build one if you don't, before you can have Knights. (Not all the options of what to build will show up initially on your improvement list, so sometimes you have to build a few things before the option to build a training ground will come up.  You need to have trained your steward with the correct skills, as well, to build anything.  Use the “schedule a training session” option.)

Once you have a training ground in a town or castle, talk to the steward there and in the War Room, say "View noble recruits". Each Noble recruit you "accept into your court" (next option if you have them) will cost you 500 denars.  That's 500 denars per
Noble Recruit, not 500 Denars for all.

You should get only one type of recruit, depending on your culture:

- Sarleon: Sarleon Nobleman (upgrades to Sarleon Squire-at-arms -> Sarleon Knight)
- Ravenstern: Ravenstern Nobleman (upgrades to Ravenstern Squire-at-Arms -> Ravenstern Knight)
- D'Shar: D'Shar Nobleman (upgrades to D'Shar Noble Raider -> D'Shar Noble Cavalry)
- Fierdsvain: Fierdsvain Noblewoman (upgrades to Fierdsvain Sword Maiden -> Valkyrie)
- Empire: Empire Nobleman (upgrades to Empire Light Cavalry -> Empire Horseman or Empire Noble Legionnaire Recruit -> Empire Knight)
- Pendor: Pendor Nobleman (upgrades to Pendor Squire-at-Arms -> Pendor Knight -> Pendor Grey Archer or Pendor Foot Knight

2) Order Knights in the taverns cannot be recruited by Player. Talk to them - you can find out what orders their Order dislikes,
what the basis was for their founding, what equipment they use and other information. This can be useful in helping you
decide what Orders you'd like to form or join. There are also rumors from the travellers about the Orders.
There are now both good and bad Orders.  Order Knights in the tavern can't offer you the option of joining an Order.

3) You can now join a knightly Order, but if you join one Order, you cannot join another, so choose carefully the first time.
When you join an Order, you will receive a full set of their particular armor, but you first have to duel their knights and win
to be accepted into any Order. You can try again, after a while, if you don't win the first time, or try duelling
knights of another Order to join a different Order, so long as you have met the correct conditions to have that Order in your
territory. Order Knights can be found in your castles, when you want to try to join an Order, or if a branch of that Order is
already established in your town or castle. The ones in the taverns won't offer these options, just the ones in castles.

I just found a bug : the villages Militia Patrols can't attack you and you can't attack them.
Even when you have negative relationship with their faction, there is no dialogue option to attack them when encountered.
If they outnumber you, they just keep following your party (fine), but when the patrol encounters you there is no other option than "What news can you share ?" or "Carry on with your mission". So you leave the dialogue screen and they keep following you.

Nekrataal said:
I just found a bug : the villages Militia Patrols can't attack you and you can't attack them.
Even when you have negative relationship with their faction, there is no dialogue option to attack them when encountered.
If they outnumber you, they just keep following your party (fine), but when the patrol encounters you there is no other option than "What news can you share ?" or "Carry on with your mission". So you leave the dialogue screen and they keep following you.

Interesting.. thank you.  I will look into this immediately!

Best,

Saxondragon

Galagros said:

Ever heard of the Majestic Plural? :wink:

webspinnre said:
About 99% sure this is a me problem, but when using Vista 64-bit, I've experienced twice a problem where my monitor just shuts down in the middle of the game (not even in a battle). Tried the compatibility pack, that didn't seem to do it. I'm running a quadcore at 2.4ghz with a nvidia 9600gs. I just installed updated drivers, and we'll see if that does the trick.

To followup, the drivers didn't help the problem. Next on the list will be testing compatibility and lowered graphics settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom