M&B in Windows7

Users who are viewing this thread

The more important question would be how did you get Windows 7...

I'm running M&B (and many other games) in W7.

Currently, I struggling with "unable to lock vertex buffer" type errors, but I don't think its W7 issue (though, it could be).

Other games aren't having this issue.

I just read someone else's post that indicated that it could be related to "dream scene" for Vista users... and W7 has a "slide show" for the background that I was using.  So... I'm just turned that off, and I'm going to see if that's the issue.
Scratch yet one more idea.  Nothing so far has helped.  I have dropped every setting to the bottom, except for battle size.  If I use a battle size over 150, it crashes.  It never used to crash under Vista x64 same video card(s), but on my old PC (I was using a core 2 quad Q6600, now I'm using a i7 920 quad).

So far my machine has handled everything else I've thrown at it with aplomb.  But m&b is just unhappy!  And M&B without the large battle size is just not the same... its not the game I fell in love with.  :sad:

Hopefully something shifts in the near future... but for now, I'm going to have to play something else.

In general, everything has worked beautifully in W7... which is Vista, after all - very, very few changes have been made in terms of the device drivers, etc.  In fact, I'm not sure any changes have been made at that level - mostly GUI stuff.

G/L :grin:

I'm using MB in the Windows 7 release Candidate. The game runs great until I get into a castle siege, then it invariably crashes.

I'm not sure anyone here can help you guys (unless one of the admins wants to stop in or if someone is running the exact same system as you). Too many variables come into play between different system settings. I always say... Beta's are for crashing and testing. So by using it, you know that's what you're getting. I stick with what works... Windows XP. No crap Vista for me, or anything other such nonsense. I never have any problems (-knocks on wood-).

Sorry, I guess I was trying to separate myself from the beta issue. I'm running the release candidate and was having the same problem.
I solved the problem though. I'm running MB as admin in vista compatibility mode(no service pack). and that seems to have solved my crash issue.

Im using the RC. M&B started niice. played some hours. then i tried windowed mode. now the game wont even start. getting RGL error. Get Direct X SDK something whatevah.

Solefald said:
Im using the RC. M&B started niice. played some hours. then i tried windowed mode. now the game wont even start. getting RGL error. Get Direct X SDK something whatevah.

Have you updated your Direct X lately? Same for graphics card? Are you playing a mod by chance? Mods tend to get RGL errors. You might also try doing the admin process that the player above you did.

Any news on windows 7? I'm planning to switch to windows 7 but im not sure now that i wont be able to play M&B if i do.

Xoatl_169 said:
Any news on windows 7? I'm planning to switch to windows 7 but im not sure now that i wont be able to play M&B if i do.

Everything works perfectly for me, both M&B original and the Warband beta. Windows 7 Home Premium here.

Xoatl_169 said:
Are you currently using XP? When I upgraded to Vista and further to Windows 7 I started getting freezing glitched with M&B. With 7 I can play for 30 minutes to 6 hours, but at any time in that range it could freeze forcing me to restart my computer. After upgrading drivers, upgrading mobo bios, downgrading drivers, trying all manner of different settings this still happens.

So, for most people it seems to work okay. For me it does not.

I use W7 and I don't have any problem since the beginning.
RGL errors are due to the memory of the videocard, you can stop it by limit the number of corpses ( 40 )
This issue has been solved in MnB warband....

Alright thanks for the help, and yes im using XP right now, I'm planning to switch to windows 7 64 bit (have 32 bit) so i can get me some more RAM and have more troops in the battle sizer limit. Thats my goal, glad to see I should be fine.

Karel said:
No....I Think it's related to VIDEO CARD memory... Not ram.

didn't hear anything about video card memory, heard that 32-bit and 64-bit have different limits to the amount of RAM you can have.

Yes, windows 7 allows you to have more RAM but actually we are speaking about the memory of your videocard. Most of video cards have 512 mo but it can be 1024 ( usefull for big screens )

Back
Top Bottom