OSP Kit Combat [M&B] Fire Arrow kit. Come check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
For now, its just for looks. I'll work on making things actually light up.

In any appropriate mission template:
Code:
      (ti_before_mission_start, 0, 0, [], [
(try_for_range,":slot",0,500),
    (party_set_slot,"p_fire_arrows",":slot",-1),
(end_try),]), 

(0.005, 0, 0, [],[
(try_for_agents,":agent"),                                                  
    (party_get_slot,":fire","p_fire_arrows",":agent"),
    (ge,":fire",0),
    (party_get_slot,":x","p_x_coordinate",":agent"),
    (party_get_slot,":y","p_y_coordinate",":agent"),
    (party_get_slot,":z","p_z_coordinate",":agent"),
    (party_get_slot,":xvel","p_x_velocity",":agent"),
    (party_get_slot,":yvel","p_y_velocity",":agent"),
    (party_get_slot,":zvel","p_z_velocity",":agent"),
    (val_add,":x",":xvel"),
    (val_add,":y",":yvel"),
    (val_add,":z",":zvel"),
    (position_set_x,pos1,":x"),
    (position_set_y,pos1,":y"),
    (position_set_z,pos1,":z"),
    (particle_system_burst, "psys_torch_fire", pos1, 15),
    (position_set_z_to_ground_level,pos1),
    (position_get_z,":zground",pos1),
    (try_begin),
       (le,":z",":zground"),
       (particle_system_burst,"psys_torch_fire",pos1, 1000),
       (party_set_slot,"p_fire_arrows",":agent",-1),
    (else_try),
       (party_set_slot,"p_x_coordinate",":agent",":x"),
       (party_set_slot,"p_y_coordinate",":agent",":y"),
       (party_set_slot,"p_z_coordinate",":agent",":z"),
       (val_sub,":zvel",1),
       (party_set_slot,"p_z_velocity",":agent",":zvel"),
    (end_try),
(end_try),]),

In module_items:
Code:
["fire_bow",         "Bow with fire arrows", [("strong_bow",0),("strong_bow_case", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_bow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed ,itcf_shoot_bow|itcf_carry_bowcase_left|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn, 337 , weight(1.25)|difficulty(3)|spd_rtng(94) | shoot_speed(55) | thrust_damage(46 ,pierce),imodbits_bow,
 [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(assign,":chosen",-1),(assign,":mindist",99999),
(try_for_agents,":agent"),
   (agent_get_position,pos2,":agent"),
   (get_distance_between_positions,":dist",pos1,pos2), 
   (lt,":dist",":mindist"),
   (assign,":mindist",":dist"),
   (assign,":chosen",":agent"),
(end_try),
(gt,":chosen",-1),
(agent_get_look_position,pos1,":chosen"),
(position_move_z,pos1,120),
(position_get_x,":x",pos1),
(position_get_y,":y",pos1),
(position_get_z,":z",pos1),
(party_set_slot,"p_x_coordinate",":chosen",":x"),
(party_set_slot,"p_y_coordinate",":chosen",":y"),
(party_set_slot,"p_z_coordinate",":chosen",":z"),
(position_move_y,pos1,110),
(position_get_x,":xnew",pos1),
(position_get_y,":ynew",pos1),
(position_get_z,":znew",pos1),
(val_sub,":xnew",":x"),
(val_sub,":ynew",":y"),
(val_sub,":znew",":z"),
(party_set_slot,"p_x_velocity",":chosen",":xnew"),
(party_set_slot,"p_y_velocity",":chosen",":ynew"),
(party_set_slot,"p_z_velocity",":chosen",":znew"),
(party_set_slot,"p_fire_arrows",":chosen",1),])]],

In module_parties:

Code:
  ("fire_arrows"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),
  ("x_coordinate"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),
  ("y_coordinate"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),
  ("z_coordinate"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),
  ("x_velocity"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),
  ("y_velocity"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),
  ("z_velocity"                  ,"You shouldn't be seeing me",    pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_none, fac_commoners,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(0., 0),[(trp_looter,15,0)]),

Screenie:

You should really work on M&B 2, i mean seriously, chariots, elephant archers, catapults, ship combat, flaming arrows, your achievments in M&B modding are pretty damn impressive.

Here's a question, do all the arrows end up being lit on fire after you add this? I'm just wondering which bows/arrows are affected before I add this to my game.

Edit: Wait, are the fire arrows an item you buy at vendors?

Sir Timothi said:
Here's a question, do all the arrows end up being lit on fire after you add this? I'm just wondering which bows/arrows are affected before I add this to my game.

Edit: Wait, are the fire arrows an item you buy at vendors?

It is a type of bow that you buy at vendors.

Given that different projectiles have different air speeds, it is probably impossible to create accurate flame trails for all arrows.

Very pretty though! A whole army of archers with fire arrows would look awesome if you have the machine for it.

Havoc134 said:
You should really work on M&B 2, i mean seriously, chariots, elephant archers, catapults, ship combat, flaming arrows, your achievments in M&B modding are pretty damn impressive.
Wow Wow, Slow down there. What's this about Chariots and Elephants? Tell me, Please!

Servitor

Version 1.96 of Hegemony 268 BC has elephants with riders. Although the animations are messed up for the .960 version you can play the .903 version relatively bug-free. Chariots are being saved for Version 1.0 of M&B because I think there were some bugs with them in earlier tests. But I'll let Mirathei tell you what happened himself. :wink:

Vilhjalmr said:
Looks like you've got some offset difficulties. :razz:
Iirc, you first looked at this thread right after I posted it (I saw a post I think you later deleted) which was before I realized that a Calradian second was a different measurement from its Earthly counterpart and that Calradian gravity is notably weaker than that on earth.  :lol:

Most of that is fixed (not perfect, but looks good enough) in the version now posted above.

Back
Top Bottom