Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded .960 and been playing perfectly for a while.  I downloaded Hundred Years War Mod, again with no issues.  I downloaded Hegemony 268 B.C., and on the startup screen, the lower right quadrant of the startup screen appears in the upper left.  A black L occupies the upper and lower right and lower left of the screen.  I uninstalled Hegemony, and reinstalled to no avail.  Since it's in beta, I figure it's just a bug, so I returned to HYW and Native with no problem.  Then I installed Rise of Khergits, and got the same problem.  So now I uninstall Winrar and Hegemony and RoK, reinstalled Winrar and Hegemony, and the problem continues.  I go back to HYW, and now HYW has the same issue.  I go back to Native, and now Native has the same issue.  It seems like the game now is corrupted, but from what?  Is it a Vista issue, or a Winrar one?  Maybe from Hegemony, but I doubt that as I downloaded from the Repository.  I hope this is in the right forum since I'm not sure where the problem comes from, I also couldn't find anything in search, but I don't really know what to search for.  I've used Winrar many times flawlessly (before this version).  Help is much appreciated.  Thanks.

Stats:  Vista Ultimate, Intel Core Duo E4400 2GHz, 2 gigs RAM, GeForce 8800GT, default audio.

The pre game splash and the menu, the entire screen is displaced.  If I could click around and enter a game somehow, it would play, but only the lower right quadrant in the upper left.  I figured on a re-install, I was just trying to play the mods too.  Guess I should re-install and try it again.  Thanks for the input, I'll give word on what happens.

So i just got back from the Democrat/Republican Conventions and decided to reinstall M&B, but after I did, the same problem persists.  I even deleted the savegames.  Should I delete the registry info too, then install?

EDIT-I tried to uninstall again to no avail.  I tried to get rid of the licensing through regedit, but couldn't find the M&B file.  It seems my M&B is permanently jacked now since I started messing with Hegemony 268, my advice is to stay well away from it for now.  Hopefully version 1.0 of M&B will work.  I have no idea what is going on.  Major Bummer.

So I get back from vacation, eagerly awaiting M&B v1!  I down load, only to find I have the same problem!  Only it's a little different, I can't really describe it, but it happens to where I get the lower right of the screen displayed to my upper left.  I have deleted and reinstalled countless times.  I have not fully uninstalled my serial key because I cannot fing M&B in my regedit under run.  I found licenturion but the computer wont let me delete it.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you can help.  I'm really frustrated that it has gotten to this moment only to be denied.  Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  Sorry dfor the double/triple posting but I really need help with this and I wanted to move this up.

The registry remainders shouldn't matter, as far as I know the only settings that are stored there is the installation directory and what module you played last. Your serial key shouldn't matter either.

Did you delete the application data folder? It should be located at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Mount&Blade or similar. This is where the game settings are stored. UAC might throw up a warning or two, but deleting this folder will remove any remaining Mount&Blade settings.

Anyway, hopefully that will work.

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I did delete that.  I deleted everything except the registry.  This is weird, I never had any problem before.  I don't know why, I've never had a problem, and then keep getting the same one everytime I reinstall.  I can't think of what to do.

I tried putting a -window and -w at the end of the target.  The only thing that happens is the launch screen appears mostly whole but the right edges of it are "broken" off and appear at the right edge of the screen while the launch window is left-center.  When the splash comes up, its business as usual.  I can't describe what it's like to finally get here only to see the splash out of whack and the game unplayable.  :cry:

SERIOUS EDIT!  Darian, I just took a second look at your post and realized in my frustration what you were referring to.  I thought you were referring to the documents shell.  It works.  Many thanks to you and to Archonosod for helping me.  My girlfriend or career definitely won't agree.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  Thanks again.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom