Lost my companion after assigning her to a mission

Users who are viewing this thread

That means she is being held by a party of bandits, they will release her after a while and you will find her in a random town. Look her up in the encyclopedia and it should tell you where she was last seen.

Yep, this is what I found as well. My party disappeared went into holding. Eventually I figured out "Holding" meant in a dungeon.

The only fix i have found to this is to kick the party member from your clan. Then go to the nearest settlement and they will be in the tavern.

Good News:
They will have the latest gear that they were equipped with before you kicked them. (Not 100% confirmed, my companion did)
Their stats will remain the same from before you kicked them. (Once again, not confirmed. Only tested twice)

Bad News:
You will need to pay for them to rejoin your clan. My companion increased from around 800 gold to 1900 gold possibly due to the more expensive equipment he had on now and/or level ups.
The troops that were accompanying them for the quest are lost.

Note: This can happen again to the same companion and other companions. I am not sure which quests in particular are more susceptible to this bug. I only assign my companions to "Land lord needs access to Commons" and "Landlord needs herd delivered to ..." but it will randomly occur between the two for me personally.

From what it sounds like, it may be an issue with the code involving the companions rejoining the party, not the quest itself but its only theories.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting!

SAME! I sent all of my best troops with my companion, and they are all gone, and it says my companion is "HOLDING" (in capital letters) in Ain Baliq. I searched everywhere nearby, even the bandit hideouts nearby. I could not find him anywhere. I am very frustrated.

I think I may have a temporary solution : IF you have a fief, you can assign the particular companion as governer which will force them to go to the keep. Then you can talk and yoink them.
Sorry if u still don't got no fief liek some hobo tho looooool just kidding
I've also seen mods on nexus that had something to do with companion being stuck, if that may help as well.

A fix I found was to kick them out of my clan then wait a few days and go recruit them again when they appear in a tavern. I must warn you though that the companion was my highest level and most well equipped one and when i went to rehire him he charged 29k.

same **** for me, i gave quests to my companions and then they just desappear... They never come back from the quest and it's written " HOLDING " they have been see in Ain Baliq, i went there, killed tones of bandits but no way :'(

I think I may have a temporary solution : IF you have a fief, you can assign the particular companion as governer which will force them to go to the keep. Then you can talk and yoink them.
Sorry if u still don't got no fief liek some hobo tho looooool just kidding
I've also seen mods on nexus that had something to do with companion being stuck, if that may help as well.

That worked for me. I have my companion and army back.

So this same thing happened to me and I thought “well that sucks, but I guess I just won’t send them on missions.” What sucks is that now 4 of my kids are halfway across the map and I can’t pick them up. It felt awkward playing a black character and ditching my newly born son. Felt like I was fulfilling a stereotype.

Hey all! Absolutely adoring the game so far, just noticed one little issue, I recruited Svana Willowbark as a Companion and then assigned her to a village mission with five of my troops; she was leading sheep to Phycaon but I haven't heard from her or my men since. After checking the Clan page I saw she had last been seen by Ain Baliq (on the other end of the map) so I searched around there for a while, hunted some bandits out of hope they had captured her, but I really can't find her anywhere. Does anyone know how I can find her again? I'd hate to kick her out of my clan just because of a bug :/

Hey, I've had this a few times. If you kick them out the clan they will 'debug' and go to a city where you can recruit them again. Only issue is you have to pay again.

For example it happened to one of mine a moment ago, he cost 500g to get in the first place. He cost me 3500g to get back.

I tried the assign or fief or party or caravan trick, but not only could I not assign them then, I still can't assign them to anything after using the kick-rejoin.

They appear to be 'busy' forever. I just RP it as them so be so traumatized by the psychological, physical, and sexual abuse they suffered at the hands of their abductors that they refuse to leave my sight and protection of the army.

Read this on steam:
"...Once you own a Fief you will be given the option to choose a Governor from your companions. If you choose the stuck 'HOLDING' companion they will teleport to that castle and be a usable member of your party again.".

Read this on steam:
"...Once you own a Fief you will be given the option to choose a Governor from your companions. If you choose the stuck 'HOLDING' companion they will teleport to that castle and be a usable member of your party again.".

The holding bug was apparently fixed for any playthrough started after 1.4.0.
Hi, this issue is fixed after e1.4.0 and won't appear on newer campaigns. However, the developers inform us that the fix won't apply to older saves. Marking this thread solved. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom