Lords that changing sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, i dont know this is the right topic but i need help for something.
I am a vassal for vlandians. We beat sturgians. So some of that sturgian lords leave the sturgia and become a vassal for vlandia.
Everything ok so far.
We take some of Sturgian towns and castles, derthert always gives that fiefs to a Sturgian lord. (It is logical but..)
After we conquer all of the Sturgia, the lords that holding sturgian fiefs changing sides to Sturgia and keep the fiefs.
This is my 2250. day and this happen like 2-3 times. They come, we conquer, they change sides. We always going back to beginning and cant have a progress.
It become boring.
SO;
Is there anyway to prevent this case?

There is a mod that uses an older calculation from 1.7.2 to make defection more like that, though it's still in testing so it's not on Nexus iirc. Think it's somewhere in the thread for 1.8.0 patch notes?

For many this is a major issue and it's ridiculous that this has gone on for so long. I have no idea of why they haven't taken care of it yet, but imho it should be at the top of the list of :poop: to fix.
It is literally ridiculous. I cant even complete my main quest. There is only south empire left but while my vassal keep changing sides. And i keep losing fiefs so quest is not completing. I always get back to where i started. Sooo annoying.

the problem is the difficulty mechanic in the game, which deliberately sabotages the progress of the faction the player participates in. If you are winning a war, he sends you a new one to force you to make peace with the one you are winning, if you have a lot of power, no vassal wants peace even if you are 3 against 1 and losing all the wars. Now if you are strong and expand a lot, every new fief causes 100% defection.

If you were a king with a million influence, you had a governor with 95% ability to prevent escapes and you had 100% ability to prevent escapes from your party. If you declared war on all the factions and captured all the nobles. Probably all your vassals would desert and all the wandering clans in the game would declare war on you, all your fiefdoms would go into rebellion, your children would die fighting raiders and your wife would divorce you, even if there is no such programming in the game. And if despite all this you continue playing, probably a TW programmer will knock on your door, to beat you up and f*** your mother. TW will do whatever it takes to maintain the game's difficulty progression.

probably a TW programmer will knock on your door, to beat you up and f*** your mother. TW will do whatever it takes to maintain the game's difficulty progression.
Jesus mate, put a warning on that part! I coughed up a lung and a kidney!
That said, I agree with the rest of your post. It's all basically stacked against the player, it's practically artificial difficulty since the AI is too simple and too stupid to make it challenging.

1.8.0 lords every 10 min:

ehnsdjgsdf.jpg

Seems likely to me that devs are looking for the balance point.

In previous iterations nobles occasionally switched sides. But very rarely, and usually when they had no fiefs. Very rarely you'd find a noble switch sides with their lands.

Now they switch sides regularly. Which is too often.

We'll find a middle ground at some point: where lords with poor relations are likely to switch sides under certain circumstances. It should be a consequence of poor relations or poor results in war, and it should happen more often than it did before 1.8.

Helping in finding that balance in a game with a complicated system of cause and effect is exactly why we're here.

*Shrug*

Yeah its definitely not intended by the devs and just a bug in the code. Although even with parts of the code being reverted back to 1.7.2, the games pace in 1.8.0 has severely increased, my theory is its because they are letting armies work together and also significantly slowed troops leveling up in town so recruit armies are back. I think what's holding back the next patch is they are trying to fix this issue in particular. Just goes to show that every addition to the game can have major impacts to the health of the simulation.

Last edited:
Yeah, legit gamebreaking, especially because they defect to basically-dead factions and revive themselves that way. Over and over.

It ****s the player's progress almost as hard as Rick James does couches.

The simulation has been on life support for a long time, it´s now time to improve it...
How to fix the warlike behavior of the AI.

1- The monetary compensation for peace is temporary and not infinite, it will be a percentage of the wealth that the clan receives from its fiefdoms, it will prevent impoverishing kingdoms and clans without fiefdoms. In addition to creating ridiculously weak kingdoms militarily

2- The kingdoms and the balance of war power will be calculated based on the war power of the parties in the kingdom. When they start losing parties and in the end they only have parties of level 1 soldiers, they will already be like defeated, they will not continue insisting.

3-If a kingdom declares war, attack. If a kingdom has been declared at war, it must go 100% defensive. If the balance of power is reversed and the defender outmatches the attacker, then the war strategy is reversed.

4-If the attacker loses on the offensive and when he goes on the defensive, he loses fiefdoms and has a low attack power, he will seek peace.

5-If the defender fails to defend himself, he loses fiefdoms and loses power in the parties, he will seek peace.

6-The kingdoms can make defensive pacts. A weak kingdom that is attacked can receive help from other kingdoms. The kingdoms that help in the war, will act defensively in the territory of the attacked kingdom. If the defensive kingdom becomes aggressive, the helping kingdoms will act as support, they cannot take fiefs from this war. The attacking kingdom will not attack the territory of the auxiliary kingdom since its war objective is the kingdom to which it declared war, if the attacked kingdom loses all its fiefdoms, the attacking kingdom will attack the territory of the auxiliary kingdoms, one by one, forcing them to abandon the war. The defensive kingdom, losing all its fiefdoms, will focus its forces on conquering ONE SINGLE OBJECTIVE, no massive looting. If he manages to reconquer a fiefdom, he will go defensive until the attacker loses power, or seek peace if he does not have the military power to even defend himself. All kingdoms participating in the war will go into truce upon completion, a multi-kingdom war in long games could cause extended periods of peace. By applying the defensive pact mechanic, the player could be at war against all other kingdoms, but objectively, it's just a war and not a multi-front war, where it is impossible for the player to even participate.

7- The fiefs that a kingdom seeks to conquer when it is in attack mode will always be objectives that are on its border lines and not a weakened fief in the middle of the enemy map, or on the other side of its border. Village pillages will be done when the attacker has no power to conquer a target without reducing his strength by starvation. The attacking kingdoms will plunder villages of the kingdoms that help in a war when they conquer the fiefdoms of the enemy that declared war, in order to force them to abandon the defensive pact, reducing the war force of the attacked kingdom, forcing it to surrender.

8- change of sides. The clans that leave the kingdoms, will not do it for money, but affinity, with their King and clan leaders. If they have several fiefdoms scattered around the map, they will seek to keep the ones that are most united and will abandon the distant ones. If his fiefdoms border a kingdom he likes, he will switch sides, if his fiefdoms do not border a kingdom he likes, he will declare independence. Deserters cannot switch sides if there is a truce between the realm they are in with the realm they want to go to, nor can they switch sides to a realm that is at war with their current realm by defensive pact, or vice versa. They can switch sides to the kingdom they are currently at war with. They can take advantage of their current kingdom being in a war to leave the kingdom independently. The changes of kingdoms and independences will be automatic declarations of war, as long as the vassal takes fiefs. The clans that become independent will seek peace, the kingdoms at war that lose a vassal by independence will seek peace, with the kingdom that is at war or with the deserting vassal. Kingdoms that are assisting in a defensive pact will abandon the pact if they suffer an independence intent at that time. Independent clans can become vassals when they border a sympathetic kingdom. And the kingdom can declare war on an independent clan when it is on its border, the independent clan can receive help from a sympathetic kingdom following the defensive pact mechanic.

I wrote this while having my coffee after lunch. it is not so difficult.

Back
Top Bottom