Lords' equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Turona said:
Swadius said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html
That's Jordan's item editor. You can change the properties of items with it.

If you want to add and remove equipment from lords then try:
HokieBT's Unofficial troop editor.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

Thanks I'm trying this program and is what I was looking for.

2 questions about it:

1. When adding items, how can I add items with modifiers such as masterwork, balanced, etc? I can only see normal items.
2. Anyone knows if changing the equipment of lords would be save game compatible or I would have to start a new game?

The adjectives like masterwork, rusty, bent, spirited are on the upper half of the right hand side of the item editor.
Equipment changes take place with the game, editing the npcs extensively however, won't.

if you change item statistics it would be savegame compatible, if you change what items the troops use it's not, also if you add new items to the game it's not.

Swadius said:
The adjectives like masterwork, rusty, bent, spirited are on the upper half of the right hand side of the item editor.
Equipment changes take place with the game, editing the npcs extensively however, won't.

I know, but in the troop editor, let's give an example: I want to give King Harlaus a masterwork heavy bastar sword instead of his heavy bastard sword. I would have to remove his heavy bastard sword and add a masterwork heavy bastard sword, the problem is that in the list of items to add, there only appear standard items.

Turona said:
if you change item statistics it would be savegame compatible, if you change what items the troops use it's not, also if you add new items to the game it's not.

So if I change the equipment of some lords I would have to start a new game to see any changes?

I believe all troops just get the normal version. If you are going to go all the way to put in a item, you might as well just make it more special than just "Masterwork etc... etc." :wink:.

Azhael said:
Turona said:

So if I change the equipment of some lords I would have to start a new game to see any changes?

I think so, not 100% sure. I usually try and find out myself, rather than guessing. :smile:

Swadius said:
I believe all troops just get the normal version. If you are going to go all the way to put in a item, you might as well just make it more special than just "Masterwork etc... etc." :wink:.

But I don't want to put any new items if thats what you said, sorry if I didn't understand. I just want to give lords better equipment, masterwork weapons and lordly armors, so they are more challenging in the battlefield.

If I recall correctly, masterwork/spirited/tempered statuses only tac less than 5 points in whatever the item specializes in. You're going to have better success at making them a challenge by upping their stats, like putting their strength into the hundreds so they'll take multiple blows to kill while in battle.

Yeah but I don't want them to be superhumans, maybe I could raise their stats a little bit, but basically I just want to give them better equipment.

Azhael said:
Yeah but I don't want them to be superhumans, maybe I could raise their stats a little bit, but basically I just want to give them better equipment.

What swadius was trying to explain (I think), was that it's easier to modify any gap, small or large by giving them stats. Weapon proficiency for damage, strength and ironskin for health, agility for weaponspeed, athletics for foot movement and riding for horseback speed. Besides as replied to you on the Unofficial troop editor thread on the exact same question; you're probably not able to add prefixes to spawned items, such as tempered, etc.

I know, I was just stating that I don't want to make lords superb because he told me to raise strength to hundreds wich I would not prefer. I wanted to keep it somehow realistic as the game tends to be regarding stats.

But it seems you can't give troops other items than regular ones, too bad...

Thanks for the help though.

Azhael said:
But it seems you can't give troops other items than regular ones, too bad...
As you said by making changes with the troops they only get regular items.
But if you make changes in the module system you can add something like this to module_scripts.py
Code:
(troop_add_item, "trp_npc2","itm_sword_medieval_c",imod_balanced),
This would give Marnid a balanced sword. I don't know if this would also work with regular troops but it works with heroes and so should also work with lords.

Back
Top Bottom