Looking for Medieval setting comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Title says all. I started reading "Crecy" and then "Northmen" collection; i love them, much more than many movies.

Anyone can help me find more ? i googled a little and found many anime/manga, but i don't like the style. I prefer Occidental drawings...

Vinland Saga. It's manga, but one of the "realistic" good ones. Try it.

I really liked Crecy, it was well written, morbidly funny, and very historically detailed - even if the artist got a few things wrong. 

For me, my problem is that there's a lot of great graphic novels out there, that hold up well as pieces of literature, but not too many, if any, "great" ones that are on the subject of the Middle Ages.  Hopefully one day that will change. 

There's quite a few recent incarnations of the Robin and King Arthur legends in comic book form, such as the works of Tony Lee, but they're highly juvenile and don't really hold up well against well-written comics.  I wouldn't recommend them at all. 

I might recommend the "Mouse Guard" series - yes it about animals and yes it's in a fictional setting, but it's Medieval-themed and it's hell of a lot better than most comics about the Middle Ages.  I'd give that a try. 

Like this?

Hagar%20the%20Horrible-2008.03.02

@gamerwiz LOL not what i meant but definitely awesome :!:

Merlkir said:
Vinland Saga. It's manga, but one of the "realistic" good ones. Try it.
I just started it, thanks looks like a good one  :wink:

Night Ninja said:
The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword, both by GRRM
Searching now... Thanks :!:

Back
Top Bottom