Looking for a module to create my own faction's troop tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Zephilinox

Knight
I've just finished a game of native and I'm looking for some modules to try out, one that I've really wanted is the ability to create and edit my faction's troop tree, and to recruit those troops from my villages, rather than the standard troops, maybe even have some of the lower tiers auto-spawn in the garrisons of castles and towns I keep for myself.

I've looked quite a bit but I haven't been able to find anything like this, if anyone has seen a mod with these features I'd love to know what it is called, thanks.

Closest you'll find is Custom Commander with it's Custom Troop Tree. I'd recommend getting the Native Mod Compilation as Bismark has combined CC with other useful mods (Diplomacy, PBOD, etc) and tweaked the Custom Troop Tree some.

You'll need to explore some to see how customizable that tree actually is in the game...you might need to use Morgh's Tools to edit the troops before you begin your game. You'll definitely need to use a tool outside of the game to tweak the tree if you want to do anything more than change the equipment (change who upgrades where, how many branches, etc).

Sellus_Gravius said:
Aren't there mods that allow you do do this on Native?
Well, you can always use Morgh's Tools to edit the standard Native troop trees, if that's what you mean.

Otherwise, you can certainly edit Native's source to add a custom troop tree for yourself--see, for instance, Bismark's discussion of the subject here, in the Diplomacy sub-board.

But, why go through that, when you can use it already incorporated into Bismark's mod compilation?

Thanks, I'll try the Native Mod Compilation and see how it turns out, I also tried Morgh's tools but that wasn't user friendly enough for me.

Just a thought, if I changed the name and equipment of the troops in-game through the Native Mod Compilation, would I be able to edit them further with Morgh's tools? for example more upgrade paths?

Zephilinox said:
Just a thought, if I changed the name and equipment of the troops in-game through the Native Mod Compilation, would I be able to edit them further with Morgh's tools? for example more upgrade paths?
No, the changes you make in-game will be stored only in the save; changes you make with Morgh's tools edit the .txt files...I'm uncertain if the .txt file changes would require a new game or not, but you can only set up upgrade paths through the .txt files.

Back
Top Bottom