Long Distance Relationships are Hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kvedulf

Sergeant Knight
Ok, I'm sure no one here wants to read this, and frankly, I don't give a flying **** if anyone does or doesn't read this, I just need to get it off my chest.

Long distance relationships suck monkey arse!  It's been a week.  One whole god forsaken week!  And I've already gone completely insane.  She's what feels like a million miles away.  One of the housemates has a girlfriend in the US.  I don't know how he does it.  At least we're still in the same country.  And he goes months without seeing her.  It's ****ing ridiculous.

Kids, don't fall in love.  Love is a *****.  You know the term "lovesick"?  Yeah, well it's not metaphorical.  I miss her so much that it actually makes me sick to the stomach.  And because I think I've now really, really upset her, I literally want to vomit my guts up.

And all the internet advice says find something to do, keep busy, talk to them as much as possible.  EASY FOR THEM TO SAY!  I already work out every day, am looking for work and I can't actually speak to her much because isolated ****ing minesites don't have ****ing mobile phone reception!

And now I think I've pissed her off because I told her to be careful and watch out.  Actually, I think she's more than just pissed off.  I think she's really, really, really angry with me.  I can understand why, but still.  ****!!!!!!
She works at an isolated minesite.  She said herself anything in a skirt is a target.  And then four blokes, who've known her less than a week, take her out and ply her with alcohol!  How the **** did she expect me to react?  Don't get me wrong, I trust her completely.  She's the only person who was there for me when my life went to ****.  What I don't trust are four complete strangers.  So I simply asked her to be careful.  Goddamn emails!  So easy to misinterpret the ****ing content!  RAAAAAGH!

Just realised how fricking paranoid that makes me sound.  Oh well.

So here I am, sweating like a pig after a 2 mile run, feeling sick to the stomach, venting on an internet forum.  What have I become?!

So, anyone else in a long distance relationship?  Maybe we can all console each other here.  Or just rage.  I like raging. 

Thanks for listening, you've been a great audience
Kvedulf

EDIT: Just realised I meant to put this just in off-topic, not fun stuff, so if someone wants to move it?

First off, you could probably put this in the Dating Thread.

Anyways, my gf is 5,000 ****ing miles away, and it's been nearly four months since I've seen her. Yes, it sucks. Yes, I've pissed her off while we were far apart. Yes, it drove me crazy. Guess what my advice is? Keep busy, and talk to her as much as possible. Short of visiting her, that's the best you can do. It sucks.

For us, Skype has been a godsend. We get to talk to each other and see each other for several hours every day. Sometimes having her in the room with me, but knowing she's still so far away makes it harder, makes me miss her even more, but getting to see her at all is worth it.

She'll get over being mad at you, just make sure you call her and talk it through. You're just worried because you care so much about her and you can't do **** to protect her, and she'll understand that.

When you do get to see her again, it'll be amazing, so look forward to that. Best of luck.

P.S. Mine flies in on my birthday. Hell yeah.

I don't know anything about long distance relationships but I could help you with the raging. :grin:

@ Magorian: cheers.  I know that the best I can do is to actually keep busy.  It just feels like I'm sitting around kind of useless.  You know what I mean.  I sympathize.  5000 miles.  Way too ****ing far.  Skype is a good idea.  Can't use it though because she uses a work computer.  I think you're right though, its not being able to be there that's eating me up.  Thanks heaps.

@Chechen!: feel free to rage with me:smile:

Waking up is a challenge, this is just for fun.

Okay, great circle route. Raleigh to Bangkok 9018 miles.

It starts NE. From my town 90 minutes from Raleigh the GC route starts NW and is only 8996 miles. However no airlines fly direct. The good bit is the GC route. Longitudes are 80.15 deg West and 100.29 deg East. I travel east a couple of dozen miles and its halfway around the world East to West. Australia would be further because of the N-S addition.

My air trips are to Tokyo first and add a bit.

Air distance = 640 mi + 12224 mi + 2842 mi = 15704 mi. last trip

Here is a distance calculator for the GC routes.  http://www.timeanddate.com/

Of course it is a challange, I hope no one told you that it is going to be easy. But I do understand why she is pissed, saying that you trust her, but not them is really bad, I've heard that being said to me and I really lost my temper too. Trust is very important, and you need to trust her ability to deal with any situation that rises. However, you should brace yourself, it is quite possible that you or her or both of you will have sex with someone else, this is not because you don't love each other, it's just a bodily necessity. Now I don't have a long distance relationship per se since I followed my boyfriend to Italy (10 days after he left), then we will go back to Sweden but next year he will go to Syria for two-three months. Now we already have an open relationship, so jealousy is sort of out of the question, but I have no doubt in my mind that it will be hard. I can however tell you that when you'll see each other again, you will have the most awesome sex ever.

I would kill myself if I were you puss bags.

But thats just my troll voice.
All I can say is be a man and hang in there. Its definitely not the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom