Locking of the 51st

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan1993uk

Grandmaster Knight
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2561.0

I honestly don't see how the moderators can "lock" a regiment especially one that is actually part of the game, it seems rather stupid to lock a regiment that people would undoubtedly want to use when they create their own. The only ways around this is to "unlock" the regiment, change the in game regiment or remove the in game regiment. There are many examples of regiments that could replace the 51st, like the 71st, 68th, 85th, 43rd or 52nd.

Not to mention the only power that the moderators really have is to ban people from the OFFICIAL severs and forums, but its not like those two things are actually required to run a regiment. Not to mention there is no way to justify how is banning people from a game they bought just because they used a regiment name that is not allowed, regardless of whether or not the person knew about the rule.

In response to the point about new 51st's tarnish the reputation of the old I say this, doing things like this (not allowing people to use the content they paid for in the manner they wish is tarnishing FSE's reputation)

I expect this thread will be locked before the night is over, with some generic ignorant response.

I have moved the thread here after it was locked so that a discussion can form outside of the grasp of Vince and his heavily friendship biased admins.

This is the second large scandal I can recall involving FSE or the NW community at large...

LOr2MA2.gif

I'd rather not witness a third.

Vincenzo said:
Hmm, I never seen such a big fuss about nothing.

Basically, The 51st has left NW but not the FSE community, they will be back with BCoF, and they have been annoyed, mad and generally looked down upon by actions that follow up 51st regiments have done. Not only this, but it has caused countless arguments, trolling, insulting and other negative things within the community that nobody wants and is completely UN-necessary.

Because the last start-up 51st of yesterday caused a argument to the extend of people telling each-other to kill themselves, I simply had enough.
As such I choose to simply not allow any more 51st regiment start-ups for now, and wait till the original 51st comes back, or not at all.

This choice was made for the better of the community, to stop arguments and countless trolling.

I can understand you feel this is unfair, or some other regiments are left out and so forth, but non of those have caused as much arguments as the 51st has, that is why we did this action.

If you are wondering how far we will go with this ruling, simply put I would not recommend you starting certain regiment numbers to impersonate, or troll others, that will be looked down upon by any community member, event and server hoster alike and in the end can get you in trouble.

I understand some people are anoyed about this, but we cannot please everyone, know we did this to our best intentions and hope to stop countless future arguments over this certain regiment name, thank you for your attention and i wish you all a good evening.

I hope that this clears up anything and I'll lock this topic now before it goes any worse, if you wish to discuss this further your free to send me a PM message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom