LOCK G FLAG

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree, though I think it'd be alright if it was unlocked at the last 2-3 flags. It can work out attacking G when your morale is high and saving the last few flags for a morale top-up and to keep the enemy spread.

As it is at the moment though it's just straight up annoying and stupid to assume that some people will always be on guard at G.

+1

@AVRC is that something you guys are considering already?
We are making is so that the morale reduction from the G flag is relative to the other number of flags captured by attackers.
So when the G flag is captured, the defenders will lose x morale depending on the number of removed flags instead of losing 6 morale per tick by default.

For example if only A is captured by attackers, the defenders lose only 1 morale per tick instead of 6. Towards the end of the Siege where more flags are captured by the attackers, the importance of G flag will increase but the defenders will also be spawning much closer to defend.

Last edited:
Sort of seems like a complicated way to deal with the issue, and doesn't really fix the fact that it's just a hassle having to constantly defend G from people that sneak in your back-line. It might help when cavalry costs are increased but it seems like there's a much simpler solution to this all...

Either way, sounds better than what we have now.

I think the dev solution can work. Also what you (Mushbeast) suggested with the 3-flag lock. Why I dont want it to be all flags until G is unlocked is that as attacker you want the defenders to have to split up when taking the final flags. Otherwise we will just have 2 "G" flags where theres just a grind at the second last flag and the G flag instead of just on the G flag.

Edit: Just FYI I am clearly biased due to being one of those who will occasionally rush G to annoy the defenders although I usually target one of the later flags instead since its usually more useful for the team long-term...

We are making is so that the morale reduction from the G flag is relative to the other number of flags captured by attackers.
So when the G flag is captured, the defenders will lose x morale depending on the number of removed flags instead of losing 6 morale per tick by default.

For example if only A is captured by attackers, the defenders lose only 1 morale per tick instead of 6. Towards the end of the Siege where more flags are captured by the attackers, the importance of G flag will increase but the defenders will also be spawning much closer to defend.
sounds like a nice solution. That way it doesn't force the whole team to react if 1 monkey on the attacking team goes capture G.

+1

This solution might work in combination with more expensive cavalry. But the best solution would be to make G inaccesible to cav in any case...

I might be minority on this, but I hate the idea that G flag should be locked until all other flags have been taken. I consider G flag to be only flag that matters and all others are optional. The worst stage of siege is usually the point when all flags are gone except G only because 120 players try to rush in small cap zone and it becomes a massive cluster****.

The solution AVRC is giving is okay I guess, because it pretty much eliminates solo back capping. I personally don't mind the idea of back capping, because the whole end goal is to cap G and hold it. The problem is that for the most map spawns are way too forward in the beginning of the game and many times defenders do not have any good and fast access to G flag. This results fast victory for attackers only because they can't defend the main flag.

My personal solution would be lower the amount of morale lost per second when G flag is captured by attackers, but when defenders lose a flag they also lose part of their max morale. For example: When defenders lose A flag, their max morale is now 9 stars. If they lose also B, it's now 8 stars etc. This goes until there is only 3 stars of morale left and G flag is last one standing. This would fix two problems; quick game over when somebody solo caps early in the game and also makes game end faster when G is the last flag.

I might be minority on this, but I hate the idea that G flag should be locked until all other flags have been taken. I consider G flag to be only flag that matters and all others are optional. The worst stage of siege is usually the point when all flags are gone except G only because 120 players try to rush in small cap zone and it becomes a massive cluster****.

The solution AVRC is giving is okay I guess, because it pretty much eliminates solo back capping. I personally don't mind the idea of back capping, because the whole end goal is to cap G and hold it. The problem is that for the most map spawns are way too forward in the beginning of the game and many times defenders do not have any good and fast access to G flag. This results fast victory for attackers only because they can't defend the main flag.

My personal solution would be lower the amount of morale lost per second when G flag is captured by attackers, but when defenders lose a flag they also lose part of their max morale. For example: When defenders lose A flag, their max morale is now 9 stars. If they lose also B, it's now 8 stars etc. This goes until there is only 3 stars of morale left and G flag is last one standing. This would fix two problems; quick game over when somebody solo caps early in the game and also makes game end faster when G is the last flag.
Other solution, pick spawns

I believe terco had proposed the spawns. It is a VERY good idea since it essentially boils down to what TW tried to make siege, a multi staged scenario. With spawns pushing back more and more, but in practice the spawns make no difference almost

Yes I also believe G flag shouldn't be locked, on Warband there was also the main flag, if you got distracted from it , the enemy could cap it and you would lose the game.
It should be the same on Bannerlord, the reason players should cap the other banners soon is because of the spawns, the more flags you capture the closer your spawns will be, but if there's a chance to cap the final flag go for it. It's a strategy like any other. It has been working for all this years and there's no reason to change it now

As far as i see it, if the objective is just to cap G whenever you can, then its not a siege, its just capture the flag. I thought eroding away at the defences of the castle over time is the point of a siege, not having attackers sneaking in and standing in a position while there is a really great battle going on to defend the castle walls. For me it just cheapens the greatness that a proper siege should be in a game like this.

Back
Top Bottom