MP Lobby and other QoL changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

The lobby screen is the one that I find myself staring at the most thus far in my hours of gameplay, it's pretty outdated feeling and I'd like to offer some suggestions that would go nicely.

-There is no portal to forums, reddits, steam boards etc.
-I'm sure it's already planned but integrated TW friends and Steam as one thing would be much more useful.
-Allow people in your party to chat to each other at the lobby screen.
-Stats don't really need to be there, I think a header at the top with a more indepth stat screen would be more useful(Put badges here also)
-I don't know what Taleworlds plans are for the UI surrounding matchmaking and custom servers, but I think it needs to be more obvious for newer players that custom servers even exist, clicking "find game" should open up an option for either matchmaking or custom server and go from there.
-On the Friends tab it should group clan members under a clan header.
-Let us character customize during waiting in queue and warm up phase
-Speaking of warm up phase please just spawn people in a closed area together(Usually just in close proximity to B flag works for more maps), trading post is a particular pain in the ass to walk all the way over to chill with people
-The clan system obviously still has to be fleshed out a bit but I look through the leaderboard and it shows something like 5% of the entire list of clans have actually played any matches, perhaps splitting "casual" and "competitive" clans would be a good idea, casual clans would not track their stats and therefore not be on the leaderboard. This benefits RP clans, Line battle/Formation battle clans, and if we are allowed to multiclan then competitive clans could have training matches on their casual counterpart.
-Allowing people more customization with the banners in the clan system as well, something as detailed as (IIRC) Call of Duty Black Ops Emblem editor, using ingame report system to report any inappropiate banners.
-Showing players online, and the amount of current matchmaking servers online, so we can judge matchmaking wait times.

That's all for now, feel free to add to this list.

Back
Top Bottom