List of features Warband MP had that Bannerlord does not

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played every Mount and Blade title.. I have played well over 2k hours of Warband multiplayer, along with many hours in Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest. I have had my Taleworlds account here since 2011, you can check my profile on the left. I also Beta tested this game Bannerlord.

There are a number of additions to the MP game that are good and exciting, like the new siege weapons, crouching, multiple flags to capture, and the removal of flags to creat a sort of progressive battle, bashing. These are all good and the devs should be commended. However I do not understand why we went backwards with a number of features and essentially lost features we have had for a decade in other MnB titles.

So far I have this. Feel free to add to it so the devs can get a grasp of what we have lost:
  1. Ability to select player specific custom banners for easier identification in multiplayer combat
  2. Ability to switch teams (especially useful when half the players time out and teams are uneven)
  3. Ability to customize your load out (the class system is horrible and whoever selected the options doesn't seem to have ever played the game)
  4. Ability place your weapons in the order you choose
  5. Team damage / Friendly fire... right now people just spamspamspam because you cannot kill your own team.. this dumbs down the game and the skill level
  6. Voting... for new maps, new factions, kicking toxic/team sabotaging players, team killers (see above)
  7. Ability to preselect your equipment while you are still alive.. in warband you could his ESC and hit Equipment loadout and see what your loadout was and change it before you died so it was ready to go
  8. Combat speed selection.. right now the game seems to be set to medium or something? It feels sluggish and slow compared to Warband MP where we ALWAYS played on fastest combat speed... releasing your swings now feels like you are playing at 150 ping constantly. Maybe this is just more bad servers..?
Overall the game is pretty good.. but to be quite honest with you.. it is not as good as Warband... it has less features for customization and it feels sluggish or laggy... not to mention the servers are a joke it's 2020 and our servers are constantly timing out and crashing? Some feedback would be really really nice. Thank you.

Bannerlord has Friendly Fire in skirmish. Also, there will undoubtedly have several settings that server owners can manipulate when the server files are released for private dedicated hosting. It is unknown as of yet how many settings will be there that warband had, such as voting, or combat speed.

You could hold your chat message for later by clicking, and when you pressed T/Y again it'd be there, but you could also clear it with escape instead of clicking.

Different armour values for different body parts

Units had stats that affected their damage, speed etc (strength, agi etc) in a less direct way than "give this guy a 4% damage perk"

You could wiggle your shield around while holding down the block key instead of blocking in a new direction. I get we have block directions now, which I'm okay with, but i still miss the wiggle and it'd help me see.

Could stun People for a moment with ranged weapons

Could turn somewhat while reloading a crossbow.

You could swing most polearms

There were crush through weapons (are those still in...?)

Game modes (CTF, battle, S&D, conquest, deathmatch, duel etc)

You could create character profiles for different looks or names or banners or just changing your identity

You could use ranged weapons next to cavalry

You could pierce through weaker shields with strong crossbows (do we have "weaker shields" now?)

In fairness there are numerous things we didn't have in warband in native too that we've got now but aye....

It boggles my mind that they haven't re added the Warband loadout system. The new system is awful. I get that they're trying to casualize the game so that new players aren't scared away, which is stupid in its own right, but this isn't even the right way to do it. Removing individuality and options is never something anyone wants, casual or not.

Don't forget the ability to switch names/multiple characters.
The current MP system is underwhelming.

Something to consider when thinking about multiple characters is that the new system discourages trolls since they have to use their steam account.

I was about to make the same thread. As I already said many times, something is clear: they took the decision to ruin the MP. Such a huge donwgrade cannot be unintentional/due to bad choices.

Combat speed selection.. right now the game seems to be set to medium or something? It feels sluggish and slow compared to Warband MP where we ALWAYS played on fastest combat speed... releasing your swings now feels like you are playing at 150 ping constantly. Maybe this is just more bad servers..?
This is mainly due to delays.

Something to consider when thinking about multiple characters is that the new system discourages trolls since they have to use their steam account.
I miss trolling.

It’s also sad with steam accounts not seeing all the guys who’s names you recognize from warband servers since a ton of players have different steam names

Switching throwing axe to melee doesn't seem to be a thing anymore either
Also can't suicide yourself if you get glitched or stuck?

just an FYI the servers are still crashing in siege and also the class system is still bad.

Back
Top Bottom