level requriement for recruiting troops

Users who are viewing this thread

add lvl requirement to recruit troops like lvl 1 you can recruit: Recruits and Footmen (1-2tier troops) then at lvl 10 you can start recruiting 3 tier troops and 20 4 tier 25 5 tier. would be cool to see in the mod! :grin:

grom64 said:
Larmantine said:
Would you follow someone that is weaker than you?

As usual the answer is ... Money.
It pays for your bed/food/wine and whores.  :roll:

well, a weak general would most likely fail to win battles and as a result you most likely dies when you can follow a great general that you have better chances to survive and have the money for the stuff you want to do.

the best troops would want to follow a strong general that they can win many battles with and earn lots of gold and honor, while going with a weak general would be money but only taking out bandits or smaller battles that you dont rly get that much honor out of (compared with huge battles that takes place).

Leifdin said:
As long as he pays...
There's a reason the price on troops goes up by leaps and bounds with each tier they improve.  I feel like this provides a realistic barrier to hiring the best troops right away.  As long as you can pay enough to hire them and maintain them then I'm all for you doing so.  As the Rhodok & Swadia revamps should show, the best troops require a little more commitment from you than just money as well.

Sirili09 said:
grom64 said:
Larmantine said:
Would you follow someone that is weaker than you?

As usual the answer is ... Money.
It pays for your bed/food/wine and whores.  :roll:

well, a weak general would most likely fail to win battles and as a result you most likely dies when you can follow a great general that you have better chances to survive and have the money for the stuff you want to do.

the best troops would want to follow a strong general that they can win many battles with and earn lots of gold and honor, while going with a weak general would be money but only taking out bandits or smaller battles that you dont rly get that much honor out of (compared with huge battles that takes place).

But then, a sickly old man can still be a master tactician and strategist. I'd follow him a lot quicker than the most recent tournament champion who's never led five guys, let alone five hundred or thousand. A great strong man is not necessarily a great leader of men. Renown is a better value for this, if such a change were to be made. But, as posters have said, money rules all. Peasants were dumber than sacks of potatoes (and superstitious to boot), and generally half starved (with families to feed to boot).

As Windy said, it's not as easy to recruit troops. For example Swadia: you can recruit troops up to tier 4 without faction affiliation or other requirements. Those troops are meant to be professional soldiers(but still a sort of mercenaries- A4 archer is in fact called Swadian Mercenary). For higher tier, you need either affiliation, relations with center or both. I don't exactly remember since I've been reinstalling my PC and haven't got to making Warband work. Also note that (supposedly) strongest Swadian unit, C7 Praven Knight requires affiliation, quite high relations with centre and 1000 denars or so. Basic recruits, for example, cost like 100 denars which is quite a lot, too.

Leifdin said:
As Windy said, it's not as easy to recruit troops. For example Swadia: you can recruit troops up to tier 4 without faction affiliation or other requirements. Those troops are meant to be professional soldiers(but still a sort of mercenaries- A4 archer is in fact called Swadian Mercenary). For higher tier, you need either affiliation, relations with center or both. I don't exactly remember since I've been reinstalling my PC and haven't got to making Warband work. Also note that (supposedly) strongest Swadian unit, C7 Praven Knight requires affiliation, quite high relations with centre and 1000 denars or so. Basic recruits, for example, cost like 100 denars which is quite a lot, too.
It's a little bit different, but you're essentially correct.

I don't think there's any need for a level requirement.

Back
Top Bottom