Let's get our weapons and armor back

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I hate to do one of these but it gets so frustrating. I want anyone at TW to tell me why we take away weapons and armor and leave them out for months. Some armor were removed, then you remove noble bows and heavy exe axes so the only way to get the is marrying someone and taking them. So what do you do next take them away from Lords we can marry. Why is it a mod can fix this is a couple days and a month or so goes by and still not done. I have reloaded game 10 times and Arwa since 1.5.3 doesnt spawn with an axe or bow. don't tell me it is a huge massive problem that is so hard to fix. They were in the game and taken out, but why?
Put them back in the game for their normal price but make them 125 or 150 skill to use instead of 90. That is an easy fix to whatever the problem could be.
But or course no TW staff can simply say here is the problem and we will get it fixed soon, no it's they are gone we know and will get it back when we feel like it.
All I want is for someone at TW to say, what is the problem and when then plan to work on it. They are the best items and people strive for them so bring them back, now an axe can be worked around with smithing. But if TW would take my idea and let us make armorers and fletchers for bows then we could do it ourselves.
So TW what's the problem and is our only solution again to turn to mods since I try not to mod to help test things and report bugs, but why should he have to resort to mods to get things you guys can easily do. Don't tell me that known issues page that is a mile long and you expect us to go through each time we have a problem is all hard things that can't be fixed right away
Venting over and will wait for TW response <crickets>

i won't start a new campaign again until they add the high tier armors and weapons back in. what to play for right now if you can't even get the best stuff without cheatign or exploits?

We shouldn't have to steal our wife's high-tier weapons and armour. Locking the armour behind town prosperity, clan tier or whatever the hell is keeping them from popping up in towns is just bad design. Also, the drop rate for high-tier gear after battle is bloody ridiculous, its probably like 0.000never. When a high-tier gear does dropped, its most likely a cracked version so again its pure BS.

Armory rework mods are one of the most popular mods for a reason. That's because the current system is broken and stupid, it sucks the enjoyment out of the game.

If their excuse for locking the high-tier armour behind the magic wall (Town prosperity? who the hell knows) is because they don't want the players to have them in early game then that's dumb because you can't buy them in early game anyway as you don't have the money.

For the love of God I hope they fix this soon.

Last edited:
I hate to do one of these but it gets so frustrating. I want anyone at TW to tell me why we take away weapons and armor and leave them out for months. Some armor were removed, then you remove noble bows and heavy exe axes so the only way to get the is marrying someone and taking them. So what do you do next take them away from Lords we can marry. Why is it a mod can fix this is a couple days and a month or so goes by and still not done. I have reloaded game 10 times and Arwa since 1.5.3 doesnt spawn with an axe or bow. don't tell me it is a huge massive problem that is so hard to fix. They were in the game and taken out, but why?
Put them back in the game for their normal price but make them 125 or 150 skill to use instead of 90. That is an easy fix to whatever the problem could be.
But or course no TW staff can simply say here is the problem and we will get it fixed soon, no it's they are gone we know and will get it back when we feel like it.
All I want is for someone at TW to say, what is the problem and when then plan to work on it. They are the best items and people strive for them so bring them back, now an axe can be worked around with smithing. But if TW would take my idea and let us make armorers and fletchers for bows then we could do it ourselves.
So TW what's the problem and is our only solution again to turn to mods since I try not to mod to help test things and report bugs, but why should he have to resort to mods to get things you guys can easily do. Don't tell me that known issues page that is a mile long and you expect us to go through each time we have a problem is all hard things that can't be fixed right away
Venting over and will wait for TW response <crickets>
Does nobody have Noble bow and Ex Axe or just arwa? I haven't tried a new game of 1.5.3 and gotten married yet. It was always random in other versions though. Some lords just have junks gear, but you could spot a noble bow or emp scale armor in the encyclopedia picture. Maybe I'll start a new one and see.

Problem with gear is it's tied to prosperity, which is tied to economy and other systems so it's a big mess.

They IMO should just NOT and have gear in shops for the player to buy because it's a basic part of the game and shouldn't be interfered with by questionable eco/prosperity mechanics.

Does nobody have Noble bow and Ex Axe or just arwa? I haven't tried a new game of 1.5.3 and gotten married yet. It was always random in other versions though. Some lords just have junks gear, but you could spot a noble bow or emp scale armor in the encyclopedia picture. Maybe I'll start a new one and see.

Problem with gear is it's tied to prosperity, which is tied to economy and other systems so it's a big mess.

They IMO should just NOT and have gear in shops for the player to buy because it's a basic part of the game and shouldn't be interfered with by questionable eco/prosperity mechanics.
Okay looking at encyclopedia in new 1.5.3 game it does seem the Aserai women have been disempowered lol, no bows to be found!
I do see however Abigai, Yana and Svana all have noble bows though. Of course if it's random it could be possible no ladies have them in your game.
Only Corien seems to have the noble long bow, which now that the perk works, is THE BEST! Of course a noble bow will help you get the perk to use the noble longbow and give it to brother when you don't need it!

The best armor and weapons in the game cannot be purchased and cannot be dropped as loot. The code makes it a mathematical certainty that these items will never be available to the player. I don't really understand it myself.

My solution was to create mods that change things significantly. With these mods it is possible to buy these items and loot these items. You might also want to grab the item price reduction mod while you are at it.

Extended Production
Better Looting
Make Everything Cheaper

I wished the game worked differently than it does. Maybe some day. Until that day we have mods.

:xf-grin:

The best armor and weapons in the game cannot be purchased and cannot be dropped as loot. The code makes it a mathematical certainty that these items will never be available to the player. I don't really understand it myself.

My solution was to create mods that change things significantly. With these mods it is possible to buy these items and loot these items. You might also want to grab the item price reduction mod while you are at it.

Extended Production
Better Looting
Make Everything Cheaper

I wished the game worked differently than it does. Maybe some day. Until that day we have mods.

:xf-grin:
Thanks for doing what you do.

Your mods are great but the best one I've seen so far is probably the royal armoury mod as it has some story behind it and ties in nicely with the world. I hope TW implements this system.

I would in complete shock if the final game doesn't address the armoury and weaponry issue.

Back
Top Bottom