Native Completed LES Summer Supremacy NA Dueling Tournament - $222+ Prize- Congrats to M!

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhonen said:
Just beat Jon 7-6, some great fights in there but mostly just short miss blocks by myself at least. This rust must come off if I am to face the evil European!
Some good fight indead, both a bit rusty but was fun

Mr.X said:
Can spaz be ****ing dropped already? Jesus Christ.
This. Already sent Hasek two PMs, waiting on a response to my lastest one. What is this, the KoA dueling tournament?

About PRT duel. It hasn't been reset in forever, and Rhu isn't around to reset it. I wouldn't recommend it, Wappaw might be a good alternative, although hubbel will get higher ping, its not as bad as bks or koa.

MrNomNom said:
Rhade said:
I wish European duel tournaments were so accommodating.

I enjoyed fighting at 165 ping in the Ndition's tournament with a more western server being refused.

That's a different situation. It was the Ndition tourney. Nditions is not a clan (pretty sure) but a server. If this was the "Official Wappaw Central" tournament, I would understand not fighting on PRT, but this is not a server specific thing.

The tournament was not sponsered not hosted by nditions. Alex simply decided that that was the only server allowed to be played on because, being a european, he has this notion that people will cheat if everything isn't perfectly regulated (locked spec wtf?)

captain lust said:
Tron said:
Beat Oliveran 7-2 Losers bracket. GFs

-Tron
Wanna d00l tonight?

sure i just got home ill check if you're on

Rhade said:
I see I'm up against Hubbel next. I'm really hoping I'm not going to be expected to duel with 90 ping in a NA tournament by fighting on PRT.

and can we get some kind of ruling on this? i played with 100 ping today, but didn't really want to.

Im just gonna say that PRT is very laggy for me (animations all over the place etc) and I heard several other duelist saying the same thing

I dunno when the last reset was... But its been awhile

Edit: Fighting at 1am is a bad idea you two lol

findecanno said:
About PRT duel. It hasn't been reset in forever, and Rhu isn't around to reset it. I wouldn't recommend it, Wappaw might be a good alternative, although hubbel will get higher ping, its not as bad as bks or koa.

^^

Tron said:
and can we get some kind of ruling on this? i played with 100 ping today, but didn't really want to.
You don't need rulings if the rules are clear. If PRT is too terrible, and in my experience it's not, then I think most of the Europeans would be gracious enough to go to BR instead even though accepting the couple of ms higher ping there would be a technical rule break. I'm guessing Oliveran had higher than your 100 ping too and as far as I know he's never really played fastest, so you can't really act hard done by. Especially since the rules have been in place before signups started, you knew what you were signing up for. Didn't you win anyway?

Tron: if you did not want to, then you should have said so in the first place. You accepted PRT and as such, well, deal with it.
About BR: I've got the same ping there as on PRT, so that server is just fine for me.

Mr.X said:
MrNomNom said:
Rhade said:

I enjoyed fighting at 165 ping in the Ndition's tournament with a more western server being refused.
That's a different situation. It was the Ndition tourney. Nditions is not a clan (pretty sure) but a server. If this was the "Official Wappaw Central" tournament, I would understand not fighting on PRT, but this is not a server specific thing.
The tournament was not sponsered not hosted by nditions. Alex simply decided that that was the only server allowed to be played on because, being a european, he has this notion that people will cheat if everything isn't perfectly regulated (locked spec wtf?)
Nom made the perfectly reasonable point that this tournament states no affiliation with any server, only indicating that an effort should be made to find a server where the two duelists have rougly equal pings. Not that it's relevant but the Nditions' duel tournament is infact both sponsored and hosted by Ndition (since it's his server and official admins that are running it). Nditions was used because Alex is an admin of the server and held the event there because it's a reliable, popular and well run server.

Now quiet with your limp-wristed Euro-hate.

captain lust said:
Mr.X said:
MrNomNom said:
Rhade said:

Nom made the perfectly reasonable point that this tournament states no affiliation with any server, only indicating that an effort should be made to find a server where the two duelists have rougly equal pings. Not that it's relevant but the Nditions' duel tournament is infact both sponsored and hosted by Ndition (since it's his server and official admins that are running it). Nditions was used because Alex is an admin of the server and held the event there because it's a reliable, popular and well run server.

Now quiet with your limp-wristed Euro-hate.

Tell it sister.

In an on-topic note, some of the upcoming fights look positively scrumptious. 

On Forfeits Swift, Spaz, and Fomy have been forfeited from their matches and their opponents given byes.

On Pings If possible, players should use a server where both have less than 75 ping.

Rhade vs. Hubbel - I want you two to post a listing of your pings on the following NA servers:
PRT_Duel, USA_Central_ Wappaw Duel, KoA_Duel, BR_Server, JestServers_NY4, and JestServersChi6. I'm trusting the integrity of the two of you that I will not require screenshots, but I also do not want to have to deal with drama created by wildly divergent pings. Lastly, though this is ultimately an NA tournament, the rules simply stipulate that a fight must be on an NA server. Having said this - I will wait for the pings to be posted to issue any further ruling.

I am closing the waiting list. My apologies to wK_Ranger - you will not be placed in the interest of expediting lower bracket matches. All future lower bracket matches that fail to be played will result in a forfeit.

WTF -- want to film -- Rhade/Hubbel, M/Akmar, Mad/Tyrian, Beer/Commi. Feel free to post even a rough match time that I'll probably totally forget about.

And when I'm feeling less lazy/get bored of Gears I'll upload the five match videos that I haven't yet.

Back
Top Bottom