[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question here - what does it take to get lords to join a rebellion? 50+ relation with many of them, got all but 2 walled fiefs taken over, and still noone wants to join me =P
They can say they like my military power, like me and my company, side with my choice of cause, and that people will understand if the were to leave.. And still - It's not good to have a reputation of one who abandons his lord - yadda yadda.. So.. what gives? (Personally I got 160 honor, 6k renown and 6 points in persuasion)

EDIT:
Well, now I've taken ALL the fiefs, and they still don't want to join (but they love throwing inferior numbers at me and then disappear=/ ).... So yeah, I just don't know. Guess I'll just wipe'em all out, and then they 'join' as their kingdom has fallen?

oldark said:
If they have a good relation with you then just capture them and speak to them in your party. They'll often offer to join you instead of paying a ransom.

When during a rebellion (ie. a Claimant quest), that doesn't work, sadly. But in the end all joined back after I took all fiefs and beat every single lord of theirs on the map. Such a hassle though =P

Grotrian said:
Is it better to train your own KCO first with 30str companions and then upgrade them with wads of cash?

Pretty much. Agility and weapon proficiencies are nice too (makes them move/attack faster). Just train as much as you can, and then 'improve quality' after (improving quality gets very expensive after a short while, so unless you got infinite money, it's always best to do it this way).

Hi,

I have been trying to play with the D'Shar for several hours now and I find them pretty awful. I used mercenaries before that but I stopped because it was too difficult to maintain a stable number of each of them and my army finished by being so inefficient I had to disband them.

I looked at the statistics of the bladesmen (which is the main infantry troop used by the D'Shar faction) and they are pretty unbalanced, they are level 40 at tier 5 which mean they will probably not evolve further ; moreover they have power strike and ironflesh at 4. It is a very bad joke because when you look at the troop statistics of other units such as the fierdsvain warrior you find that they are level 20 tier 5 unit and they have 6 ironflesh and powerstrike skills. It is the same with any other unit, bladesmen are level 40 tier 5 unit but they are less efficient than any other tier 5 unit.

I also noticed that they have an awful horse archer cavalry althought it seems that Marius had used them as an auxilliary cavalry force when he came to Pendor whereas there is only the dervish raider who get an horse in the non noble troop tree.

I can't figure out what to do with them, they have the worst infantry in the game, the worst cavalry and the worst archer (just watch at the wiki if you don't trust me), did you have any advices on how to play with them. I know that I should mix them with something else but I only have 134 slots in my party and I can't afford to mix too much, plus it would get me back to my first problem which was the difficulty I had to maintain a regular army (It is not funny to have to travel around the whole map after every battle to grab some troop here and some other there).

Do the developpers plan to re-balance this faction or do they consider it is well balanced as it is ?

In the case of bladesman, unit`s statistic (in comparison) does not show you everything. They are still deadly, because they slash at high speed, and can  kill fierd`s armored axemen, or even huscarl in 1vs1 fight.

They are more fragile, but when you get the wave consisting of 10-20 bladesman in a defensive siege, they can push back besiegers and clear the walls , unless they face great numbers of immortals , huscarls or shadow centurions .
Their weapons are also swing-only, no stupid thrusts , so they are more effective in actual battle in comparison with other  swordsmen .
But nevertheless, it is better to mix them with "tanks" .
Usually i dont use  d`shar, besides their infantry . Their archers are mediocre, their horse archers are so-so.
Spearmen  might be useful, as they train fast and turn into  bladesman .

Anyway, i was a bit disappointed that you cant level them, unless you have amassed hundreds of bladesman and came through hundreds of battles.
So, i tweaked their level to 35  :/

oh, and yeah, if you play d`shar only , use your useless units as a distraction , so you can move good infantry towards your target without losing them to the enemy`s fire.

There is a tier after bladesman - Scorpion Assassin, which are decent cavalry and really deadly infantry (though they take very long to train).
I do agree that their cavalry generally are quite lackluster. If you REALLY want to do the whole D'shar thing, join the Windriders in Torbah - they are quite decent.
As for if they intend to balance the factions - probably not, but there is appearantly a 3.7 in the works (just don't hold your breath for it).

In my games, D'shar is usually the first faction to lose ground. If you help them win some extra fiefs, though, they usually get the numbers they need to hold their own. If the lords are in battle, join them - they are worse in auto-calc than when you're with them. Especially vs Fiersvain it's better to join in. Berserkers and swordmaidens are great in autocalc, but die easilly when you're there.

If you join the windriders, bounty quests sometimes reward you with windriders and dustriders. Other than that, just look around in the taverns and pick up what you need. Young nobles turn into Hero Adventurers (eventually). Another good tactic is to look at what prisoners the raiders and heretics have, and kill them to recruit said prisoners. Just know you can't recruit windriders, knight of the eventide, or other lvl50+ units.

Can i give noldor sprint horse to my knights, they have riding 7 and i got noldor equipment but there is no noldor sprit horse, do my knights need more riding skill or i cant give them that horse

TheAjves said:
Can i give noldor sprint horse to my knights, they have riding 7 and i got noldor equipment but there is no noldor sprit horse, do my knights need more riding skill or i cant give them that horse

You need to capture 1 of the Noldor Lords and ask him about the secrets of the Noldor, you will then unlock the Noldor Spirit Horse and other good stuff.

I just recently updated to a new computer (now on win:cool: and since then I've noticed that warband will pause if I alt-tab. Is there an option to restore the old behavior so I can read forums/ect while traveling or letting time pass?

i've heard people mention that if you become grandmaster you can upgrade weapons to masterwork, armor to lordly and horses to champion. Is this true. Thanks for any information!!

NegroCaucasian said:
i've heard people mention that if you become grandmaster you can upgrade weapons to masterwork, armor to lordly and horses to champion. Is this true. Thanks for any information!!

You can upgrade armor, but I don't think you can upgrade horses and weapons.
Moreover, it takes ages for the upgrades to finish.

Terciperix said:

You´re not using the properly. D´Shar infantry is among the best ingame due to their weapons only. They slash fastly and usually eat up things alive and are quickly trained. I ususally target D´Shar first once I become independent to acquire their lords and their troops.

They´re just mincing meat. Their archers are bad and the only reason to keep them around is to upgrade them to mounted horse archers. Which are, despite the broken horsearcher AI in MnB (due to too small battlefields) pretty powerful if the enemy is scattered. All their cavalry uses bows - perfect for auxilliary archers in an offensive siege. And Warriors get throwing wepaons. Nothing more devastating than the hailstorm of wardarts blowing against the enemy. And the mix with Southern Glaives is good enough to stop a decent cavalry charge which gets minced up afterwards.

True, they aren´t as brutal as some other nations troops but they´re totally competeable and worth their money. I love and hate them.

Is it just me or does someone in the tavern background go, in a really greasy french accent, "bler bler bler croissant bler bler"? :grin:

noosers said:
Terciperix said:

You´re not using the properly. D´Shar infantry is among the best ingame due to their weapons only. They slash fastly and usually eat up things alive and are quickly trained. I ususally target D´Shar first once I become independent to acquire their lords and their troops.

They´re just mincing meat. Their archers are bad and the only reason to keep them around is to upgrade them to mounted horse archers. Which are, despite the broken horsearcher AI in MnB (due to too small battlefields) pretty powerful if the enemy is scattered. All their cavalry uses bows - perfect for auxilliary archers in an offensive siege. And Warriors get throwing wepaons. Nothing more devastating than the hailstorm of wardarts blowing against the enemy. And the mix with Southern Glaives is good enough to stop a decent cavalry charge which gets minced up afterwards.

True, they aren´t as brutal as some other nations troops but they´re totally competeable and worth their money. I love and hate them.
Yep...I agree totally.

Assassins and Blademasters are living proof, that with 400-500 Proficiency, D'Shar Heavy Sabres with their reach are more important that striking speed. Despite their light armor, they are tough, and easily on par with Noldor infantry.
And how I hate assassin throwing knives...!

Their cavalry can be pretty devastating when you have a mostly infantry army and are not camping on a hill/mountain. In fact, sometimes you even WANT them to stay on their horses, because once they're off-horse they're darn good as infantry as well. When it comes to the last dozen soldiers in a battle, you better wish you have some of their cavalry....because they're sure to survive longer than most other troops.

If you even get a grasp of the weaknesses of the horse archers AI, then you can offset it with your own tactics and orders...making them even better!

I find this somehow disturbing, if you choose on char background that your father was from an outlawed knighthood order two things happen:
1- you get a lion squire surcoat (inherited i presume)
2- (-5) relations with sarleon
Isnt the lion supposed to be sarleons (now) official knighthood?

kowalskiy said:
I find this somehow disturbing, if you choose on char background that your father was from an outlawed knighthood order two things happen:
1- you get a lion squire surcoat (inherited i presume)
2- (-5) relations with sarleon
Isnt the lion supposed to be sarleons (now) official knighthood?

According to the lore they were outlawed for a few years, I think. I'm guessing your PC's father fled when that happened.

reticentReciter said:
According to the lore they were outlawed for a few years, I think. I'm guessing your PC's father fled when that happened.

yes, but king ulric restored them, so there should be no reason for sarleon to hate you, unless im missing something here.

btw, i just address it as a curiosity, just like that photo i saw somewhere of greg4 founding a falcon chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom